SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 01:22:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evaporator fan cover for Cavalier USS-8-64  (Read 2918 times)
Coke536

« on: April 21, 2014, 11:34:54 am »

I have a Cavalier USS-8-64 that cools down to about 45 degrees when the thermostat is set about 5, and I'm wondering if the evaporator fan cover is required to cool efficiently.  The cover directs the air flow up through the air vent attached to the back of the inside wall.  Mine machine is missing that cover, and I'm trying to decide if replacing the cover would greatly improve the cooling efficiency.

Can any cooling gurus out there comment on this?

Thanks

Jim

Coke Cavalier CSS-8-64 & USS-8-64- purchased Oct 2013
hipburwig

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:03:30 pm »

not an expert but here's my 2 cents. the air would surly circulate better. I would think the drinks on the top would not be as cold as the ones on the bottom due to poor circulation. i don't think the compressor would cycle long enough to cool. if its like my selectomatic the fan would blow all the cool air right next to the t-stat in stead of up through the path to the top and make it shut off to early.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:50:55 pm »

I'm not an expert either, but I think you might could use the evaporator cover from a later CSS-64, the one that does NOT use a round evaporator.
boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:14:20 pm »

I may still have one. PM me if you're interested.

Fresh, not from concentrate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: