SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 06:18:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 Was cooling just fine, now suddenly not cooling.  (Read 8438 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »

I'll try to hit some of your questions, welcome to the board!

The 3-1 starter basically replaces the old circuitry on your compressor, and gives a 'kick' to old compressors.  There are much more knowledgable people on here about them, but it's a matter of hooking up five wires, three go to the compressor circuitry and two go to line power.  You can pick one up through Fun-tronics or there may be a local refridge shop that sells there, here's a link: http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/index.php?crn=235&rn=606&action=show_detail

Don't worry about the paint on the compressor when it comes to paint, not going to affect the cooling that much, I had the same questions when I started out.  I'd use Rustoleum Hammertone on the inside tub, gives a solid look and will last a long time.  As for the rack, I'd most likely want to powdercoat or chrome it, since it will see some heavy-duty action pulling bottles around.

Excited to get started on my first gas pump, so we're on opposite ends of the spectrum!

SLIDER
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 12:36:33 am »

Tkaz.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.  While taking apart the compressor wiring today I got a real understanding of its components and can see what that 3 in 1 component would replace if I need it.
Your reccomondation of paint is great.  The hammertone will look great!!
Again thanks For taking the TIME!  If you ever have any gas pump questions just ask !

S & S 700 Royal Crown Chest
 Ideal 55 slider 7 Up
Silver King Hot nut vendor
Tokheim 39 "highboy" GULF NO-NOX gas pump
Watling penny Scale
 Popcorn sez machine
 Du Grainer candy bar & Gum Machine
 Wurlitzer 1400 Jukebox and wall box
 Exhibit Mystery PinBall
 Bally Gayetey Bingo
National
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up