SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 07:37:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for jones socket  (Read 4877 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: April 25, 2005, 12:50:41 pm »

I need the 9 pin jones socket that the coin mech connects to.. I found it at newark.com, but they don't take check/money orders.. (I don't have a credit card)

Is it possible to find a cable with this socket moulded on it ? (ie. one I can just wire into the wiring harness that goes to the door)
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 05:40:10 pm »

To bad I didn't see this sooner I just junked a bunch of late 1980's vending machines with the jones plugs in them. I do have some 1980's cup soda machines that I will be junking soon if you still need one let me know and I will remove one for you and yes I can leave the wires attached.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 06:11:36 pm »

I'm interested.. how much you want for it ?
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 09:30:35 am »

Skeleton Man,

I have access to 9-Pin Jones Cinch Plugs. I ended up having to replace my socket on my Cavalier 55D. They aren't exactly the same though.

The original Jones Plugs use crimped solderless connectors that have a locking tab so once inserted they lock into place. With the new plug in place in your machine, you can't tell the difference between the old and the new. Another nice feature, They give you the option to either solder or use slide on female quick disconnects. I like this option better due to the fact that if you ever have a problem again, it aids in troubleshooting and or replacement without ripping out the entire harness.

Basically it fills the criteria of Form, Fit and Function. In my personal opinion, I think they look great. I can get them for about $7.00 after tax! ($6.68). Let me know if you are interested!

Brian
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 11:46:00 am »

Sounds good.. I like the idea of female quick disconnects because it means I plug the new socket straight in.. (using bare disconnects at the moment with no socket)
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 05:01:02 pm »

Looks like you have another option, if you decide you want one let me know you can have it for the cost of postage from minnesota to wherever you are.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 10:20:48 am »

Quote (vend_dr @ April 29 2005,6:01)
Looks like you have another option, if you decide you want one let me know you can have it for the cost of postage from minnesota to wherever you are.

That's even better.. should be around $10 postage for UPS..
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 07:16:25 pm »

vend_dr: I sent you a PM with my address so you can give me a price for postage..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: