SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 07:39:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Aceptor problems  (Read 6487 times)
pumpdude
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:44:02 pm »

I am having problems with my Coin Acceptor inc. Model A39400-335. Some of the solenoids chatter when I place  the correct change in. I can get the solenoid that is tied to the counter  device to kick  but it is only sending 93v  to the vend solenoid.  Other solenoids in the unit are falling apart and no longer usable. Can I get new solenoids to replace them or am I stuck looking for a new unit. Thank you.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 09:09:03 pm »

if you are using it for home/entertainment purposes only, why do you even neeed the coin-reject coils anyway?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
pumpdude
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 08:57:34 am »

I'm using it for home.  There seems to be no other way to get the machine to vend with out  the vend relay getting juice from the  coin mech.  I'm still new to this game so any advice is greatly appreciated.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 06:10:00 pm »

So if your coimech is the type with the electro-mechanical stepping solenoid, it should click once for each coin inserted, ( typically one "click" per nickel & two successive quick "clicks" per dime ) until the vending price is reached when it should then do a quick reset ( the reset cycle sounds like a quick machine gun sound...) & trip the vending relay/solenoid on the vending rack. it has nothing to do with the voltage being delivered to the solenoid, other than it's using a wafer style micro switch to "make" the circuit once the vending price (think of it as a coin-count if that helps) is reached. & don't measure the voltage from either terminal of the solenoid to ground, only measure across the solenoid itself.

remember also that the solenoid presents a load to the voltage on the vending line from pin #3. so you will see a voltage drop across it, (if you are referenced to ground, as opposed to the neutral side of the line)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
pumpdude
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 02:42:54 pm »

I will check that out . Thank you for the sequence of operations. Though one of my relays is staring to unravel around the coil are these available after market anywere?
pumpdude
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 08:45:42 pm »

I checked out the unit tonight and  it is working like you said. After each nickle is dropped in it buzzes. After the full amount of 15 cents is put in it rattles like a machine gun sound but it does not kick the vend solenoid to trip. I know it is getting power and the coil ohms OK. Any ideas on what I could be missing?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 09:18:01 pm »

Is this coin mech out of the VMC H56C?
If so, I'd forget about the electronics and convert it back to mechanical like it originally was.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
pumpdude
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:16:41 am »

I'm all ears on that idea. whats involved?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 12:39:37 pm »

You have to take out all the electronic stuff.
You'll need to get the stack back to original - I know you'll need a cup (available as repro) and I'm not sure what else was done to it, but pictures will tell.
You'll need a large door mech (I have some or you can find them on eBay here and there), SO flag (repro)
You'll need to remove that cover plate that was welded over the crank handle hole on your coin door (or find another unmolested one).
Not much else that I can think of off hand.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
pumpdude
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 09:24:15 pm »

Does anyone have any pics of what these parts would look like and how the go together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: