SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:07:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a great community  (Read 2632 times)
Pinsanon
« on: June 16, 2008, 08:59:09 am »

Hi guys

I'm a complete noob in the soda-machine department. I bought myself a Cavalier C-51 (project) which I'm tinkering away with, but a few posts to this forum and a few phone calls/emails and I already know many times what I did a week ago.

Thanks to Alan at Antique Vending who gave me a solution to my sticking pistons/rollers for the ammo-belt - I've been down the bearing shop and shouldn't be a problem.

Also thanks to Funtronics. My first order will soon be winging it's way across the Atlantic, really helpful on the phone and treated me like any established customer (even though I wanted "the thingy that goes over the whatsit" and the such).

Thanks to the forum for replies to my threads, and lastly to DaveTheBirdMan who really isn't helping me keep this new hobby under control.

I'm a pinball-guy and can appreciate a great source of information and knowledge when I see one.

Keep up the good work

Nick
UK
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:41:24 am »

Nick,
Welcome to the site. I have been a member of other web forums and I have found that there is no other like this anywhere. We are all like a big family. The members here all help each other when ever possible and we all stick together. We all hope that you stick around with us for a long time and enjoy this addicting hobby. Just remember we all love to see pictures! I myself was big into this hobby and then took a job in Singapore about two years ago and now I am having huge soda machine withdraw. I hope to be back home in a year or so but for now I am satisfying my addiction through everyone else's finds.   happydrinkers
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:15:18 am »

Thanks for the "big up." Its nice to be able to help rather than be helped...

Stay focused bargains are out there and its our job to sniff them out...

Dave
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 07:51:28 pm »

Nick,

We appreciate the kind words ! ! !
   happydrinkers   happydrinkers

My six cents,

Jim

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 08:50:31 pm »

Nick,

Your comments are spot on!  I just got into this hobby about 4 months ago and I can't say thank you enough to the people on this forum.  The advice has not only helped me to find some good machines both working and projects; but, it has also helped me to avoid some bad deals and problem machines that I might have otherwise bought.  Your comments about Steve at Fun-tronics are also correct.  I just placed an order there last week and he was pleasant and very helpful as usual and took time to help me with a few questions as well!

I tried another site before I found this one and nobody ever responded to my questions.  The people here at SMC are great.  Cheers to all of you!  happydrinkers

Tim
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 02:32:16 pm »

I restored my C-51 5 years ago.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

BrianC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain