SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:29:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White V39  (Read 10527 times)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« on: February 27, 2008, 12:43:49 pm »

I was considering painting a V39 white. I am not sure yet whether I will just paint the door and the top white or if I will paint the whole darn thing white. I am leaning towards solid white with the big 'coke in hand' decals on the front and sides. What do you think.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:56:30 pm »

If this is for your own personal use I think its a great idea.

If you intend selling I'd think again. My limitted knowledge would suggest that un educated people want the two tone colour and as a seller you need to look to your broadest market...

Dave 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:57:26 pm »

I will just paint the door and the top white

This way only  the bottom of the front door needs to be repainted before selling.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 02:44:59 pm »

I have a Vendo 39 that had been painted white then a 7up sign tacked over the coke logo to make it a 7up vendor... didn't look all that bad... and have seen a couple of Vendo 81's that where all white color scheme... red letters and some decals... didn't look too bad either.
If for personal use, do whatever you like best, but like Dave said if for resale right away.. stick with the more common design that the average consumer would like to buy.
Here is a picture of my white v39 that was 7up.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:48:51 pm by SIGNGUY » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 04:53:42 pm »

Great replies. I was worried about resale later. I have two V39s that I plan on restoring. My plan was to do the first one all red and then pin strip it, simular to some of the machines I have seen on the web sites. Then the other would be for my own personal use. It is my own personal machine that I was considering painting white. But nothing is set in stone.

How about cans vs bottles. I have bottle drums for both machines and they both work perfect. Is it worth replacing the drum with a modified after market drum capable of dispensing cans. My current plan was to restore it with the original drum and leave the can capable drum as an option.

I am somewhat new to this stuff as I have never purchased a machine with the intent of reselling it. But I have been an advid admirer and collector since 1989. This site is excellent and I am using this site for both entertainment and education. I am learning a lot. Thanks guys for all of your input.

P.S. I am actually finding parts much easier now that I have found this site. I am finishing a Vendo 110 that I have had for over 13 years. Its been painted for 12 of those. But it was missing the shelves. Now I have them. Soon I will be restoring a Pepsi Vendo 110. I can't wait to get started on it.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 02:46:43 am »

Wow

you are busy..

Personally I'd leave the pinstripes off. I think a machine looks so much smarter without them.
But that's a matter of individual taste.

The can drum.... Not sure how easy it would be to get hold of one at a reasonable price.
The original drum will only vend the small bottles (as you know) the modified drum for the later
V-39's will alllow the larger bottles bum first.

I'd love a can conversion drum for my V-39 but price and shipping make it a very expensive optional extra.

Dave
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:48:18 am »

I've restored around 600 machines, and about 65% of the people that had a choice,  those that bought the machines before I finished with them, preferred non pinstriped machines. 

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:11:57 am »

The original drum will only vend the small bottles (as you know) the modified drum for the later
V-39's will alllow the larger bottles bum first.

You got it backwards Dave -

The original drum will hold the small Coke bottles 'bum' first and the modified drum will hold the King Size (10 oz.) bottles crown first.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 11:40:34 am »

If you decide to paint the 38 in reverse colors be sure to post pictures. I think it would look pretty cool. I have some 110 parts from a machine that I am parting out. The coin door, mech,bezel are gone.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:48:44 pm by sodaworks » Logged

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 12:33:52 pm »

You got it backwards Dave -

The original drum will hold the small Coke bottles 'bum' first and the modified drum will hold the King Size (10 oz.) bottles crown first.

I understood Dave best, he described dispensing bum first, which is unusual for
most soda machines.
      I'm sure I used a good many 39's when I was growing up but I can't remember 
ever opening that door and grabbing a bottle by the base.

Glen
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: