SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 08:26:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people throw out cool stuff?????  (Read 3104 times)
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« on: January 29, 2008, 01:10:38 am »

OK so again Im mad because people would rather throw out something then attempt to sell it. Recently I found a ebay seller in Standish Mi( Im in MI too) that has a old 50's washing machine it ended no bidders so I thought I would ask and see if I could still buy it. He said it would be going to scrap in the next 2 weeks( so I am calling around to family to see if any of the hunters are going up their etc). And even worse last year I had asked around about soda machines and finally got a hold of a guy who had a machine but he took it to the dump 2 weeks prior( yes this gets crappier........) Describing the machine he said it " looked like a old mailbox" and said Coke on it.......... describing to me exactly what a jacobs would look like. He said it had no real physical problems and had it's innards but didn't want to mess with seeing if it worked anymore so he Junked it....  darn darn darn darn ohhhhh it just makes me mad..... jawdrop tounge Why do people throw out cool stuff?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:50 am »

On the Flip side however... if so many of these older cool machines and such where NOTdisposed of, then They wouldn't be as collectable or desirable and the "Hunt" would not be as much fun if you could just go to any ol store and pick up an old Pop Machine, Candy vendor or Gas pump... so in it's own way, it's and evil good!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:53:16 am »

One mans trash is another mans treasure as the saying goes...
so you might want to call him back & see which dump he took it to, because they just can't burry it without recovering the freon first ( or face a $10k fine/per machine be it a refrigerator or soda machine) it may still be around the dump & besides junkyard guys now somethings worth a few bucks & you could still score on a Jacobs! (wouldn't the chance of finding a Pepsi lightup/Jacobs be worth a few phone calls?) I have save a few macines his way myself.

Hey, then have some fun! call the guy back & tell him he tossed away a $5,000.00 machine & watch him cry in his beer!  then record "nelson" from the Simpsons saying HA-HA & play it for him on his answering machine after... tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:05:29 pm »

Well I plan on making a road trip up that way this weekend I plan on hitting all the junk
yard & Dumps  looking for a Jacobs machine smile  Ok just joking about that .

Like John said I would give the guy a call and find out and then call the dump or junk yard
find out the hour and days there open and make a road trip.

Remember that the thrill of the hunt is always fun  and the story are great for the site tounge.
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 05:49:01 pm »

Hey all, that Jacobs machine is long gone...... I had heard from that guy over 10 months ago( asked around 2+ years ago and found this guy 10 months ago)( My wording in the orig message is confusing). The washing machines were the recent 2 weeks ago find........ censored Oo upside
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 11:05:23 am »

Its "cool" to you and me but just another piece of junk to somebody else. This can be a great situation to be in as a buyer as long as you can get it fast enough, before it gets tossed. Recently had a guy tell me he cleaned out his barn and took a dump truck full of old gas/oil signs to the scrap yard, since "nobody wanted them". Needless to say a trip to the yard a few weeks later didn't turn up anything..

cmc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: