SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 01:13:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats in a SMC name?  (Read 19239 times)
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 10:29:22 pm »

Global Compressors, because we began in a 1 car garage, rebuilding air conditioning
compressors, and really thinking big, wanted to be a "Global" company.....  smile

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 12:05:17 am »

I'm in IT - so I'm just not very creative.  I'm more digital than analog... if you know what I mean. drinking

J = Jim
Holmgren = my last name. 

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 01:11:11 am »

Great topic, always wondered about a few out there! 

I'm with Jim, not very creative...

T = Tom
Kaz = last name minus the other 6 confusing and generally unpronouncable characters

ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 07:01:42 am »

Ld26
My initials plus 26 for the 26 pound striped bass I caught off the beach in Montauk a few years back

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 07:46:56 am »

I probably lack the most creativity...............

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 08:44:10 am »

Well, I think mine is somewhat obvious... State and first initial

Tim
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 08:46:26 am »

Mine is Larry because my mother didn't name me Lawrence.  It used to be Mills400c, named after a machine that I owned.  I chose that name because I was hoping someone would say that they had the same machine and had a schematic.  After selling the machine, I simplified my name.

Well Joshua Tree is better than 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.  I saw U2 right before Live Aid.  I just missed them at the Aragon Brawlroom, a local small venue, by two months.  I saw them at UIC, a college auditorium.  It was the Unforgetable Fire tour.  I had first row center, before the crowd rushed in to fill the void between the seats and the stage, but I could stand on my chair and tower over everyone.  It still was the best show that I have seen.  MTV was filming it, but they never released the film.  However, there was a European bootleg, made into and album.  I found that last year.  Only one skip, no pops.  I remember a guy, two seats away from me, giving me dirty looks when I screamed like a sissy girl at the electrifing guitar licks from The Edge.  It's funny that I found the bootleg tape a year after the show at a record convention, yes these existed back then, and I could here myself all over that tape.  On the album, same recording, they toned down my soprano whoops and hollers.

By the way, The Red Rockers opened up for them.  Who??  Exactly.  Too bad it wasn't the red rocker Sammy Hagar.  I saw him opening up for the Scorpions Love Drive tour, same era at the Aragon Ballroom.  That was my second favorite show, or maybe a tie for first.  Sammy played four or five encores.  The Scorpions kept letting Hagar come out for more encores, so in turn the Scorpions played all their awesome older songs, plus most of Love Drive.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:57:40 am by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:22:56 am »

11 o'clock tick tock.... too funny

When we were expecting our second child, a girl, people told us we should name her Gloria (old U2 ersong)  But we didn't like that name.
So we settled on Charlie Rose (only later finding out there is an old guy who does movie star interviews with the same name lol)

Some of your answers above are great!  Chris and Eric... too funny lol

Collecture....  laugh

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 10:34:31 am »

Mine is not that Creative either but I Dealt a lot more in vintage advertising signs than soda machines when I signed up..
I had an incredible collection of Vintage New old Stock Coke and Hamm's Beer signs that I worked hard at obtaining, lots of buying and selling and upgrading to the best signs I could get.
I sold a lot of my collection about 3/4 of it and ended up buying my 1959 Corvette with Cash.. so I must have done something right!
So Signguy was what my creative mind came up with then.
(a lot of people assume i'm in the printing/graphics business.. I'm not....)
Great Topic...! happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 10:46:43 am »

I started out only collecting Coca Cola signs (tin and porcelain mainly), hence my name.  My friend always said that I would one day switch to cardboard signs and other products and sure enough these days I like country store, gas and oil, machines, and soda.  I only have a Vendo 44 and am still on the hunt for a Jacobs 56, but I love reading all about what you all find and how you cleaned, restored, or refurbished it.  I do not have any tools to restore anything and I like to buy all original so elbow grease is what I am good at as far as restoring!  Once I find the next machine on my list I will post pictures, I have a few friends who are pickers on the hunt!

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: