SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:30:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who says glass bottle soda machines are obsolete?  (Read 2809 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« on: December 20, 2013, 11:54:03 pm »

Here's a YouTube video showing a modern glass bottle Coke machine in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzVEAFGJi5c

Okay, so it has push buttons, but it's still more evocative of an old slant shelf than I ever thought I'd see out of a modern non-reproduction machine.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:56:54 pm by Pixel » Logged
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:50:11 am »

I wonder if this coin mech will fit a Large door 81  :tounge:t

Thanks for posting.... will have to look out for it on my next trip there!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 09:21:00 am »

WOW! Thanks for the post Pixel. Reading comments following that video shows a lot of new interest in glass bottles and bottle machines.

A couple of years ago Slider Bob sold a restored machine to the Vendo Company, who had it FLOWN to Japan for their special 50'th anniversary. They had been searching for an early Vendo 63 only!

Old post: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,13976.0.html  

Could this have been used as a prototype to build a modern machine?   Oo
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:19:30 am by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

Found a picture of Bob's old machine in it's new home.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/economy/business/AJ201212230013

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 01:34:02 pm »

WOW! Thanks for the post Pixel. Reading comments following that video shows a lot of new interest in glass bottles and bottle machines.

A couple of years ago Slider Bob sold a restored machine to the Vendo Company, who had it FLOWN to Japan for their special 50'th anniversary. They had been searching for an early Vendo 63 only!

Old post: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,13976.0.html  

Could this have been used as a prototype to build a modern machine?   Oo

You're welcome, and thank you for not dismissing it just because of the push button vending.  laugh I just wish I could've heard the machine vend.

From what I read, the Japanese really like vending machines, and buy all kinds of thing from them. They even have machines for high value items like game consoles and other high-end electronics. Seems a Japanese company bought out Vendo some time ago. I wish we could have a machine like this one. It could be fixed up to vend more than one type of packaging if that is the problem.

I went to the Sanden Japanese website. Their English pages would not even show their machines, just a notice that they sold only in Japan.  down When I looked at the Japanese version, I did not this machine listed, though I could've missed it. I can't actually speak Japanese, I was looking at the pictures.  biggrin I'm not sure who made this machine. It may be a Japan-only company.  down

I counted 8 selections. It could just be a conicidence, but 8 selections suggest a possible Cavalier influence to me. If I've read it right, it's selling 190ml bottles at 100 Yen each. That's about $1.10 or so for a 6 1/2 fl oz glass bottle. That's about what I'd expect these to sell for cold here, with glass bottles as expensive as they are.

190ml is about 6.42 fl oz. I bet it could vend 6 1/2 oz bottle no sweat.

A square top machine that vends 8 selections, (approx.) 6 1/2 fl oz glass bottles, and has a glass bottle door. Sounds like I could be describing a Cav 64, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:39:19 pm by Pixel » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: