SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 02:57:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whatever happened to your word being your bond !  (Read 18416 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 07:26:30 pm »

I love garlic pickles

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 07:33:54 pm »

I agree...your word is your bond, or should be.  These days that is becoming more rare!

I will say that not all members here are dealers and out to flip machines for money!  I personally only collect, so I don't even consider what I could sell it for and how much profit I could make...I enjoy the hobby of collecting and the fellowship it generally brings.  I look for the best deal, since the less I spend on a machine...the more I have to fix it or get another one.  I didn't think twice when I found a Vendo 81 in an abandoned building, tracked down the owner, and he offered it to me for $22.00 along with a Westy Standard for the same price!  He made the offer, and since that was what he wanted, I was glad to pay it.  It's not my job to educate folks on what they have and the presumed value of it.

I too miss the days of warm, friendly posts relating the finds and good deals of the week and the high-fives given by others.  Just my 2 cents...     wow

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
SSmoothie
10 Cent Member

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2013, 07:59:26 pm »

I have learn that as soon as you make a deal you drop everything, grab the truck and haul ass to get the stuff.

Vendo 44
Firestone Refer (sold)
Westinghouse Master (sold)
Westinghouse Standard (sold)
Westinghouse Junior
Westinghouse Half Junior
2 Dole Super Dispensers
Coke Cooler
Some Signage
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 08:20:48 pm »

This all comes down to $$$. PERIOD.

I was selling some lighting about a month back. This was high quality lighting that I had removed from our house. I probably got 5 calls on it the day I first posted it. The first lady didn't haggle at all she said I'll pay your asking price. (The price was extremely fair if not a bit low, I just wanted this stuff gone) Then the second lady who called, maybe 30 minutes later was very distraught that I said I had a potential buyer. She said QUOTE "I will give you an extra $100 for the chandelier, just screw the other buyer". UNQUOTE. Seriously? Now while I was certainly taking a risk, I politely told her no, that I'm a man of my word and I would give the other lady the opportunity to come out and make the transaction. Sure enough the lady did show up and ended up buying a few more smaller lights as it turned out. It never crossed my mind to screw that lady over....once.

I'm not saying I'm better then anyone here, but I was raised that you stick to your word. Call me a ignorant old southern boy, but $$$ don't rule my life.

Jeffmon,

If you are really hard up for a Vendo 44, I've got a line on working original in my general area for $1200. I know you are way up north, but again depends on how hard up you are.

Let's stop the negativity on these boards. I got no problem with anyone venting or calling someone out if its not completely out of left field. Looks like the majority side with Jeffmon here, so let's just drop it and move on.

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »

I'll give you an extra $100 for that Vendo 44.  Just screw Jeff!  biggrin Cool laugh

Sorry I could not resist! tounge

drinking Tim drinking
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »

yea been down that road , a few weeks ago I contacted a lady about a gas pump in the paper and she lived 15 minutes from me. I said I would come right over and pick it up. No she said I have to get in the shower wait an hour. said sure then she called me back in 30 minutes and was sorry some man came to the door and she took his money and let him have it.  Just so you know a woman's word is no good anymore.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2013, 06:45:26 am »

On a Thursday some time ago, I found an ad for an old machine at a garage sale for the upcomming Saturday. It had an address so I went straight over there. Saw an 81 buried in the garage. Gardener warned me not to ring the doorbell. Disregarded his warning and that lady sternly reminded the sale was not until 8:00 Saturday. When I showed up at 7:00 A.M she informed me that someone bought it Friday night! censored

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 04:12:52 pm »

Chiming in now as it just happened AGAIN ! ! !

Yep, I'm sorry if someone here bought what I'm about to embark on, Oh well, it's not your fault, I guess...

Called about a newer Stoner in Ohio on Mon, spoke with the secretary, Rose, and asked if I could send a check for the asking amount. No problem she said and she even sent a few photos I asked for just to confirm some things.  The next day, Tues, I emailed Rose and told her the check went out with today's mail and to keep an eye out for it Fri. possibly Sat...
I called her to see if the payment arrived and WHAT DO YOU THINK SHE SAID...?  Well, not what I wanted to hear ! ! !  I was told someone picked it this morning and then handed the phone to Ron Germadnik, who I have not talked with before. He became all defensive when I asked why he sold it knowing I wanted the machine and the money was coming... He made excuses stating I was slow and I told him I cannot control the speed of the postal service, only that it usually takes three days for something to arrive...
Yea I'm pissed ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »

That's a dirty one. They should have at least givin time for payment to arrive in that circumstance. On the bright side, it was a newer Stoner (thinking big w/ square mirror). Hope something better comes along for you soon.  smile  Hopefully they don't cash your check.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2013, 09:10:07 pm »

whatever happened to your word being your bond !  It went out the window with the hand shake to seal the deal, manors and a smile with a thank you... Oo

what replaced it was rudeness ,inconsideration , and not taking  responsibility for ones actions ( or their stupidity)   and the big monkey in the room is Greed.

Then throw in  American Pickers ,Rick and pawn stars  and some wrong info  getting put out there .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: