SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 12:34:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT do you tell the WIFE?  (Read 9267 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: September 15, 2011, 03:05:49 pm »

I know what I tell my wife about wanting or getting a new machine, but I want to hear from you all as to;
WHAT DO YOU ALL SAY TO YOUR WIFE WHEN YOU WANT TO GET ANOTHER MACHINE?!?!?

Sorry if there are any women collectors here, if so, your man is LUUUUCKKY!!! lol

What I say is that each machine is my last for a LONG time, but then when one comes up, I say that "It's a machine that I cant pass on, as they hardly EVER come up for sale (thats what I told her about my want for a Vendo 39 last week lol)

Then I say that these machines are not made anymore.... supply is drying up!

She gets a few dresses, I get her jewelery for no reason, I bite my tounge on MANY things, and eventually Im at UHaul renting a trailer to go get my next machine lol

Would like to hear from you all!  As I might find a new reason!  biggrin

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »

LOL....Same old song and dance we all do....this for that. Sounds like you know the drill by now!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 03:14:25 pm »

Yep, about the same here, I get a machine, she gets a purse, or jeans, or jewelry...

Although, when fixing a machine for profit, its a lot harder for her to go out and buy that stuff.  I always ask how much that purse is going to bring in when she fixes it up and sells it! 

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45:25 pm »

Same Story Here !!  But I did Also Buy my Wife a Serbring Conv One year & She gave me a 4 YEAR Buying Ok . But that has Senced Passed .But I hide Things In My Buddys Garage And at a Few Of the Members Here Houses LOL

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »

I just dont tell her any more.  She has tried to set a limit  with me,  and I say ok  what ever and by the end of the year I've gone over that limit by 2 or 3 times.
 Now if you were to ask her about that shoe collection she has, that fills ever closet in the house and there are 6 of closets and and 8 tubs of shoes( you know they need shoes for ever season)    when I set a limit , I get Are you kinding me .
 So I just keep my mouth shut and move her shoes aside  to get my shoes out of my closet and go out picking  smile.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »

Great Topic,

Luckily she doesn't say too much about my collecting as it has awarded her some nice things, trips and ammenities around the house from time to time.  Plus the biggest thing for me is I don't ever dip into the household budget... my play money is merely that.. when I make a few bucks it goes into my seperate account or in (my hiding place).. and I only use that money to by stuff...

The line "this is one sign, machine, cooler, I really wanted" has dried up years ago.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 04:29:40 pm »

Mine just tells me that she loves me and that I deserve to treat myself daily.  She refuses gifts and eats only bread and water just so I can buy more machines.  I tell her no I don't need anymore machines....but she's so persuasive.....I just give in.

A lot of stuff.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 05:00:56 pm »

is that why she is so skinny larry?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:43:08 pm »

I'm lucky that my wife likes this stuff too... she'll be there at Chicago (sleeping in -NO WAY would she get up at 4:00am) I usually end up trading up or selling most the machines I have anyway... I have 4 (right now) I think are keepers. then there are my coolers that I love.... the machines would go before the coolers. And like John said
selling/flipping some of this stuff has paid for other things around the house - like food and clothing biggrin

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »

LArry..... I never laughed before reading a post (Other than stuff involving Rick Dale lol) but your post made me laugh!! laugh

great answers so far! And yes, I too keep a seperate "slush fund" I get from cash sales at work, that I "hoard" to myself (according to the wife) but even THAT gets me the ol "Oh, you can hoard $$ and yet we have bills to pay, gifts to buy etc etc BLAH BLAH BLAH....
The other day I asked her why is  her haircut 200 bucks, and I go to Magic Cuts where I pay 12.50!  (no responce, and I dont nag for one either as I know that will mean an argument lol)

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: