SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:05:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what about a bar thread?  (Read 2165 times)
indymanjoe

« on: August 29, 2011, 08:12:02 pm »

have you guys ever considered a "bar thread"? just wondering if it makes sense.i know we have the chit chat area.a bar thread is one thread we could all come to daily and shoot the breeze.doing...this or that today,went to x had lunch at ...just a single BS thread.the regulars here,and i hope to be one..could name it monthly.Just a thought on my part.we do it at some other forums i hang at regularly.even make it so ya have to have say 100 or 1000 posts to enter.its been a good way to keep up with our daily lives and interact with each other in areas other than just vending machines.anyways just my 2cents..
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:23:53 am »

I think it would have to be called the soda fountain though??? biggrin
you mean, just a place to check in and say..
"Hey gang, heading out to the shop to day to work on a vendo 81.. weathers good and kids are in school".. later

Basically a SMC Facebook!?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
indymanjoe

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:47 am »

yea lol a fountain thread like ya described.."welcome to the vendo 55 inn.sodys are cold machines are stocked..be nice to the soda jerk behind the counter as his wife threw out a box of junk,actually spare parts he was gonna use for the ideal he's restoring."etc... drinking
indymanjoe

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »

not sure of how many here have a facebook acct..i dont have nor ever want one lol.and i really dont want people i havent talked to in 20yrs trackin me down.no burned bridges or anything bad...well there was that one girl...LOL just a thought...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: