SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 07:47:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what are ya workin on?  (Read 6212 times)
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 09:06:45 am »

Welcome      I myself have only started collecting soda items the last 2 years, i have several coke,RC Cola and other Thermometers and i picked up a Caviler CS-80C coke machine that i restored 1 year ago and really enjoy it in my garage filled with beer and soda(all brands). My main collection is Budweiser Steins of witch i have about 150 and other budweiser collectables including the 1st bud btl and about 12 old serving trays and 12  clocks. Again welcome to the wonder world of collecting and remember there is no cure.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:10 am »

Welcome,
always nice to get new people in the hobby, and especially when we start to have a few more bucks in our pockets..
I'm 40 and have been collecting for about 18 years.. started out with signs and had a great collection of new old stock and mint original tin, porcelain, cardboard signs as well as clocks and lightups.. bought a Vendo 39 as my first machine "just to have one in the collection" and from there got hooked on machines.. Have had in my collection over the years over 60-80 soda machines, popcorn vendors, gas pumps... down to a more manageable number of around 20 now... but still buy, sell , restored and collect machines, pumps, popcorn, etc..
This is a great group of people, some I consider some very good friends even though we only meet once a year in Chicago, but talk/ email regularly... wealth of knowledge and just a fun place to visit , read , comment and get your fix of soda machines.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
indymanjoe

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:27 am »

Welcome      I myself have only started collecting soda items the last 2 years, i have several coke,RC Cola and other Thermometers and i picked up a Caviler CS-80C coke machine that i restored 1 year ago and really enjoy it in my garage filled with beer and soda(all brands). My main collection is Budweiser Steins of witch i have about 150 and other budweiser collectables including the 1st bud btl and about 12 old serving trays and 12  clocks. Again welcome to the wonder world of collecting and remember there is no cure.
  LOL i forgot about my bud stein collection,packed it up 15yrs ago to move and still havent unpacked it lol nothing really valuable,close to a 100 of em.I need to get rid of those so i can store more machine/car parts LOL
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:00 pm »

Oh Yeah the bud collection goes back to 1976   and some stuff back to the 40's and earlier
bumberjack.dk

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 04:08:28 pm »

Hello

I'm 36 and from Denmark. Has collected Pinball machines for 15 years.
 and bumberjack.dk but have always found the soda machines exciting.
 So now I have a 35 Ideal for renovation and an Glasco 50

A little difficult to gather on these machines when you live in Denmark.
 So I'm glad for the help I can get the transportation and purchase machinery.

Lars

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:24 am »

I've lightened the load of pop machine waiting to be worked on, may get back to the Vendo Junior I have dismantled, and have a Cav 96 ST that just cries fantasy machine, maybe a Hockey Town  project
On the other side of my life,jukeboxes  finishing a Seeburg 148 Trashcan, If you think chrome  replating prices are  tough, I priced veneer for a Wurly 1015. Ouch.

And several EM games that need a weekend or three to go through and get playing again.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 08:25:03 am »

Hi Joe and Welcome

I'm mid 40's with with 2 kids and 4 step-kids. My first machine was a vendo 110 I bought and restored 15+ years ago, it was to accesorize my pinballs and jukebox. Since then I lost the pinball bug, I've had atleast 30 or so, and got more into jukes. I've had several coke machines both restored and origonal, including some rare stuff like a Victor 1 door. I'm still heavily into the Jukes, and now into slot machines also. I've narrowed down my soda stuff to only Grapette items, and their spinoffs like Mr. Cola, and Botl-O. I currently have a friend working on a fantasy machine for me, an embossed VMC 27 on a stand. I've always got a few large candy and cigarette machines. I have atleast enough projects to keep me busy for 15 to 20 years.              The best thing about this group are the people, I've made some life-long friends here.    I really look forward to the Chicage Show when we all get together.

TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: