SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:51:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the most fake in opinion  (Read 6620 times)
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« on: July 14, 2011, 02:52:04 pm »

Hey guys......

I watch 'em all for ideas, pointers, and untimately just for laughs.   But of all the shows, Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, American Restorations, American Pickers, Pawn Stars........

Who do you all feel is trying to get us to swallow the most BS?

They all feel a little bloated in estimates, and quite frankly just a little too lucky in finding the perfect items.......

Just curious

Jack
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:58:45 pm »

any "reality show"  is   not at all what you are told.   Amusing to watch, but reality? no way.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »

One of the Storage Units shows says at the begining these are stories of past buys... I didn't catch it till about the 4th time I watched it... The Entire thing is staged!.. Pawn Star is staged to a point... It's funny they always have their backed turned looking at nothing when someone
walks in... But I feel the haggeling is real... I think people probably stand in line with stuff to get chosen to be on the show and deal.
Pickers.. I think the picks come to them now. I've used some of their “lines” to “break the ice” and bought my Cav 72.
The Restoration... from hearing who he/producers have bought from... is probably all staged as well...
I like Storage Wars... Barry is my favorite... what a character... love the bowling shirts.

Fun-Tronics could be a show...Course with Janet... Rod would get no camera time! upside

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 03:23:03 pm »

I love them. Fake or no fake. Yeaaaaaap.

Pickers is my favourite. The buying may be fake but these are real people with barns full of real stuff.

Pawn Stars must be fake.

Have you all seen Hardcore Pawn... Can't get into that. Watched two episodes. Not a patch on the old man & Rick..

American Restoration starts here 1st of August....
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:28:34 pm »

Hardcore Pawn has the most annoying cast of misfits, I'm amazed that any of them has the capacity to even run a business.  Enjoy restorations...some interesting items this season.   Also excited for the new season of Storm Chasers coming up!!
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 04:24:56 pm »

I watched Coal and can't believe anyone would do that for a living. I saw Sons of Guns last night. That is a good show if you like guns. The other shows you had listed i can take them or leave them. I think Storage Wars is the most fake but they all have staged segments. I can see why most shows are on TV. It's good exposure for the business. That's why I don't understand Storage Wars. They are creating competition for themselves. That's why I find it so hard to believe even if they say these are past finds. I find it hard to believe that the Pickers could make a very good living at what they do either.
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:34:53 pm »

All have some form of staged things, I live in Norman, OK and thats the home of the "Dominator" on Storm Chasers or one of those shows...  There is an episode where they go into a sporting goods store in town and are checking out stuff.  They go in and ask the owner ahead of time and then are there for well over an hour jacking around.  On the show its like there just there for a short time and had just came in for the first time unannounced.  A guy that works at a local watering hole I visit went on Judge Alex, said he was flown out, given room and maybe a stipen of some sort.  Judge Alex a retired cop, did end up ruiling against him and the show covers the settlement..  The Pickers didn't have Danielle before the show started.  The Pawn Shop on Pawn Stars is fairly small and normally a line to get in.  So when it looks empty and someone just saunters in thats not really accurate or that the parking lot is empty enough for people with cars, or rv's to come pulling up.  But if its got old stuff on it I will watch.  In fact pickers could just have Frank hold up objects and never speak while Mike does the deal and have Danielle explain to use the who what and where and that show would improve by ten fold.  Heck even Antique Roadshow has appraisers that inflate values like the two twin guys...  Or that they will move your items for you...  Always wondered how that 90yr old lady got that huge 18th century whatever down there...  Well I have burned enough time typing this that its time to go home and watch reality tv...

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »

When Judge Alex first started I got a letter asking to participate in the show. Free airfare, limo and they would take care of the money end of the court case. Sad to say the idiot I was suing was so stupid he threw his letter in the garbage. He lost the case but has never paid me a cent. I wanted a free trip to Dallas darn
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45:50 pm »

I agree they are all staged and fake, but for some reason we still watch...  so far nothing has topped the American Restoration Coke Machine restoration where the restored a vendo into a cavalier machine...
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 09:51:10 pm »

I like Storage Wars... Barry is my favorite... what a character... love the bowling shirts.

Fun-Tronics could be a show...Course with Janet... Rod would get no camera time! upside

I think Barry is cool too. Is it just me, or does he remind anyone else of Jack Nicholson?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: