SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 04:10:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of 81 is this?  (Read 2135 times)
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« on: July 26, 2010, 05:37:48 pm »

I am attaching pics of a recently acquired 81.  I originally thought it was a D, when I started taking it apart, I noticed the name plate said A, but it had the large coin door, although it had been converted to an electronic mechanism, why I don't know.  It also had the mylar tape, and not the stainless steel trim.  When I went to remove the coin door, I noticed it was attached to a red plate that was screwed into the door that held the mechanism in place.  6 screws held this plate in place, and the entire mechanism was attached to that.  I removed that and underneath was the same dimensions for a small door model.  It is two tone, and doesnot appear to have been repainted.  At first I thught someone switched the doors, but upon seeing that plate I am not sure.    I cannot complain, the price was right just want to get it up and running again.  Any ideas on what this was?  My thoughts are it is an A that was painted, but I am by no means an expert.  Thanks. 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:51:30 pm »

You have an 81a with a large coin door. A Vendo 110 also has this rear plate so it is my guess that Coke used 110 parts to be able to accomodate that large electronic coin mech.

You should be able to get the small coin door, coin mech and the other parts you need from a V-39 to convert it back to a proper 81a.

Glen
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 07:04:02 pm »

Thanks. I will start looking for parts. Was this common? What they did?

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 11:15:24 pm »

Thats cool, I have seen this done myself.

I bought a Vendo 110 one time, It was originally a 6 case vertical with a large coin door put on it, It had a large door change giving mech, and a VMC bezel on it. They stuck a bottle stack in it with the proper shelves. What was odd was that the coin door lock brackets were hand made.

They could've had a damaged or vandalized 81D and a good 81A body and made it work?Huh?

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: [1]   Go Up