SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 01:34:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 80 soda machines sold in 4 hours!!  (Read 9977 times)
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 10:50:35 pm »

I was at this auction as well. I managed to buy two machines. A Selictivend Model 1-A for $25.00 and a gutless Vendorlator VF-81M for $15.00. I don't know if either work yet because they're still in Tipton. My buddy lives there and actually worked at the auction site when it was FMC Fire apparatus. We moved the machines to his garage and they're still there and I live in Indianapolis, about 45 mins away and I haven't had a chance to get back yet. The Selectivend is also still locked with no key, of course, so we have to drill the lock if we can't find numbers. Plus the cord's VERY cracked so I'll replace that before I plug it in. The Vendorlator is missing the bottle stack and all of the shelves, (anybody got any?), and again the cord was bad so we didn't try it. It needs a coin changer as well but he bought about 15 of them at the auction so maybe one of them will work. I don't know if the changer is still in the Selectivend as, like I said, it's still locked.
My buddy bought a Dixie Narco 5 selection can machine for $35.00 (I think) and it kicked right on and started to cool but needs charged as it didn't cool much.....but did run. I hope mine do as well.
The Selectivend is painted up for Nehi Beverages on the sides but has a Pepsi sticker on the front, it's my avatar. I plan to change the branding. I have a Coca-Cola themed kitchen but I'm thinking about something different just to add some variety. The Selectivend is small enough to go in the corner of the kitchen so I'm thinking about doing that. I've been going back and forth between the yellow one branded for RC Cola that came up when I entered Selectivend 1-a into Google and the green one for Dr. Pepper pictured on this site under 1-A.
I'm kind of committed to Pepsi for the Vendorlator cause it has a molded Pepsi as glass, and that's fine.

This was a fun auction with a lot of machines being saved from scrappers and that's a very good thing.

Steve Prange

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 05:48:52 am »

Steve,

Welcome aboard SMC! It's great to have you. I live about an 1 hour and 20 minutes south of you down in Bedford.

Are these your first machines? If they are, it sounds like you are off to a good start. The parts you need for your 81 will turn up pretty quick.

Brian
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 11:27:42 am »

Welcome to the board Steve!!
I have a SV 1-A. Any questions just ask.
Creighton
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: