SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 07:58:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favorite Jarritos soda?  (Read 4350 times)
MICoke

Cavalier CSS-8-64, Mercer Island, WA

« on: January 11, 2010, 01:38:45 pm »

Hi all,

Just curious how many stock their machine with some Jarritos?  This is the naturally flavored soft drink, bottled from Mexico with cane sugar.  Yesterday I picked up an entire assortment, at a small little grocery, and so far, the Mandarin orange (no artificial flavor)  is very nice.  However, the Mango is very nice, too.  Tell me your favorite?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarritos
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:42:36 pm by MICoke » Logged

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 02:05:13 pm »

I've tried the Tuti fruiti, too sweet for me

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 02:23:15 pm »

I just recently discovered that I can buy this from my local Mexican Restaurant in town.. they sell in the restaurant for about 2 bucks a bottle, but out back for 20bucks for the case..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MICoke

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:42:21 pm »

There a about a half a dozen Mexican grocery stores in the Seattle area, and the going price seems about a buck a bottle.  Understandably a restaurant would be more.  I've been seeking a local source for Orange Crush and Grape in bottles, but cannot find a distributor, or retailer in the Northwest.  It think midwest and the East coast, has plenty of supply, but not in the Pacific Northwest, that is why I have pursued Jarritos.   drinking

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:57:12 pm »

I haven't tried them all yet...as you can imagine, they are in every store you go in around here.  I like the ones I've tried so far.  I will likely stock the machines with them once operational.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 12:18:41 am »

I just noticed those recently in the International Food Aisle in my local grocery store.  Unfortunatley they are selling them for close to 2 bucks a bottle so I have not tried them yet.  I can get Faygo Red Pop, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Rock & Rye, Grape and Black Raspberry in 12 oz. glass bottles with pure cane sugar for much cheaper than that!  They do look good though.

Kind of reminds me of the old Towne Club Soda that they used to sell in the Detroit area.  My uncle always had cases of that stuff up at his cottage on Lake Huron!

Any of the Michigan Mafia remember the jingle??? glare

Towne Club is the pop for you
Try it and you'll see
Quality, Variety and E-con-o-my

Lots of flavors for you to choose
Regular and Diet too!
It's mighty nice and half the price
Towne Club is for you!

There is far too much useless information floating around in my brain! tounge

drinking Tim drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:15:38 am »

Thanks Tim, the jingle is stuck in my head.
I saw Towne Club bottles a few years ago in a gas station, guess someone was making it agai,but now that I think on it, haven't seen it since.
Man i miss their Sasperella (spelling?)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MICoke

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 02:43:00 am »

Here's a Jarritos update.  This is pretty amazing, especially IF you live on the West Coast.  Cash and Carry.  They have 50 locations up and down the west coast. California, Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington.  We've got about a half a dozen Cash and Carry's in the Puget Sound area (Seattle), and I've never set foot in one, until today.
How it all unfolded was that I actually called a Mexican distributor who sells to all the small Mexican and Latino grocery stores in the Seattle area.  She distributes the full line of Jarritos, but she was kind enough to give me the knowledge of Cash and Carry, by the case.  The Mandarin Orange appears to be their flagship soda, and it contains no artificial flavors.  All natural with cane sugar.  That's not my point on this post.  What I was blown away is that you can pick up a case of 24 bottles at Cash and Carry, with tons of other Jarrito flavors to select from at $ 13.40 EA per case!  That equates to .56 cents a bottle.  Picked up a case of Dasani water for $6.17.  It's now a very good source, if your fortunate to live near a location.  Their not as clean or big as Costco, but they carry many varieties of Jarritos at $ 13.40 a case.  And don't forget....if you haven't already, you've got to try the Mandarin and the Mango.

http://www.smartfoodservice.com/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:48:24 am by MICoke » Logged

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: