SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 11:57:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what are your other collections?  (Read 9548 times)
Hollywood80
5 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 03:23:37 pm »

Early American/Victorian Furniture (most of which I have refinished or cleaned up well), country store collectibles, scales, primitives, old coins, advertising, gumball and peanut machines.

Bob
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 06:53:08 pm »

Besides the new interest in soda machines I am a collector of brewery related signage and clocks.  Sold off a lot of it over the years - stuff I wasn't really interested in anymore, but got some really nice things that I will never part with. 

I collect any old signage and advertising clocks that catch my eye.  Also vintage neon signs are a favorite. 

I also collect advertising things to do with my hometown of St. Charles, MO....so if anybody has any signs for Big Boy Soda please let me know...also St. Charles dairy...the ultimate would be a neon sign from the dairy.  If anybody has a lead on one of these or a Big Boy sign I am interested! 
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 09:23:43 pm »

I collect arcade games.. I'm up to 9 or so right now. I also collect anything thats free. My wife calls me Fred Sandford...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pat Pixley
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 11:22:47 pm »

I collect Shot glasses last count  2 months back  850  and thanks To Josh & Dave the Birdman for getting
me some Hardrock shot glasses .

I also like to collect the the wall mount bottle openers don't have a lot yet but working on it.
also Like to collect old hand tools  The Stamped Ford tools and wood handle tools screw drivers
hand held drills  . smile

OH YEAH !!  and a few soda machines  biggrin.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 09:22:11 am »

I collect classic video games (coin-op and Atari 2600).  I have about 300 different Atari games and the coin-ops are spilling over into the in-law's basement. I also colect records.  I started in the early 80's by picking up a couple of new 45's each week.  Now I tell my wife that I need some new tunes for the jukebox!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
ss540
10 Cent Member

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 09:56:45 am »

My wife & I have some hot rod cars and that naturally led to restoring gas pumps, etc and that led to restoring soda machines and picnic coolers.  Kind of a progressive disease.  I'm currently restoring a 1950's EZ Kutr electric reel type lawnmower for a friend.  I will post pics if anyone is interested.

Down in Texas
VMC 81
10 Cent Member

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 10:12:43 am »

Nice  one of these days I will get a gas pump as well as a one of the air meteres. Just seems that around by me these are always priced like they are made of gold. But I keep looking.

VMC 81 Pepsi
VMC 27 7Up on a pipe stand
Vendo 56
Seeburg VL 200
AMI 200
Kapri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 12:55:41 pm »

My wife & I have some hot rod cars and that naturally led to restoring gas pumps, etc and that led to restoring soda machines and picnic coolers.  Kind of a progressive disease.  I'm currently restoring a 1950's EZ Kutr electric reel type lawnmower for a friend.  I will post pics if anyone is interested.

Love the '59, one of my favorite cars.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: