SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:07:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendorlator f117d-f  (Read 2350 times)
« on: November 15, 2005, 04:39:16 am »

I obtained what I believe is a Dr Pepper Vendorlator F117D-F about 16 years ago. It's in storage at the present moment and I don't have access to it to get the model and serial number off of the machine. My specific question is I am interested restoring the machine and would like to obtain parts. I have no idea where to begin since I have never attempted this sort of thing. The machine is in decent shape. The lights and fan motor work, but doesn't cool. I also dont have a lot of money to invest into it which is why I need to to the work myself if possible. Can anyone offer some advise?

Kevin
Ennis,Tx
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 09:50:35 pm »

Kevin - parts availability depends on what parts you need...  Fans and wiring are pretty standard across all the machines.  Shelves, doors and refrigeration systems are often more specific to the machine.  The VF117 is not a real common machine but it's not real obscure either...

Post pics (they're better than a serial number) and tell us what's wrong with it - someone here will be able to help.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 10:10:13 pm »

Welcome to the board Kevin! As Bryan stated pictures help a bunch.
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: