SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 06:32:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hinges  (Read 2540 times)
motor8463
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:05:27 pm »

Hi again,  O.K. guys dumb question.  I have completely disassembled the machine and it went very well.  I have labled stuff and took pictures along the way (sorry not a digital camera).  I bought all new stainless screws and painted the interior and related items using Rustoleum silver hammertone.  Now I want to take the cabinet to the body shop for paint, problem is (here's the dumb question) how do I get the main door hinges apart???  Also where can I get the blue and white Vendorlator decal on the front?  Still need the Pepsi bottle caps and Have a Pepsi decals on the sides?  Flavor label decals on pull levers?  Any ideas?
Thanks, Chuck
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:49:59 pm »

Great job Chuck, sounds like you've made really good progress. The door is actually designed to just lift straight off of the hinges. Sometimes after years of sitting outside in the elements, they become a little more difficult to lift.

As a whole peice, meaning the whole up main door not taken apart, it probably wieghs in the neighborhood of 50 lbs. Spray some WD-40 or something like it on each hinge joint and swing the door back and forth in the full range. While doing this you can prop your foot underneath and apply upward pressure and the door should start raise up off the hinge pin on the main body.

Make sure the wiring harness has been disconnected from the main body. Usually it is secured by one or two plastic wire clamps. Good luck and if you have any problems, let us know!

Brian
motor8463
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 02:05:09 pm »

Brian,  Thanks a million!  I assumed it had a pin or something like a door hinge on a house door that had to be driven out.  I didn't want to break anything so I thought I'd tap the experts first.  I'll try to get the door off when I get home.   When I figure out what the teenager did to the scanner I'll try to post pics of what I've done so far.  Thanks again!!

Chuck
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 07:11:53 pm »

motor8463,
  These guys will have the decals you need. I just bought some last week.
www.vendingmachinesrus.com

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 10:48:56 pm »

Terry - water release or vinyl?

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: