SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:47:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cvc 168  (Read 2794 times)
« on: July 12, 2004, 03:04:52 pm »

I've had my machine for a while now, I have yet to plug it in. Just doing some cleaning on it from where some of the old cans leaked.

(Stinks very much. The gunk in the pan was too much to handle I chickened out and had the hubby empty it).

My question is, the wiring. 30+ year old wiring kinda makes me nervous. How do I find a credible person without having to pay a fortune or getting ripped off.

Also there is some scale on the metal parts, will CLR be ok to get it off?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 07:19:17 pm »

I have two choice vends(168 & 299) Pepsi machines. The wiring in both have been fine. I saw on another post about the light. My 168 has a F20T12/D/22 bulb. It is a 20 watt t12 diameter and 22 inches long. They are hard to find. I have found some on internet searches using the above number.
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 11:42:13 pm »

I would defently check any places on the wires that bend. Like when closing the door and such. Most of the wiring can be traced out. Unless we are talking about that old fabric braded wiring. I doubt you have much to worry about. Any eletrician can look at the wiring too. Check the power cord to when it enters the machine. That point can get worn out to.
Even if you have a open wire. You would get a zap/buzz or blow a circuit breaker. In that case you would just unplug the machine and look for the open spot in the wire.

later,

ussexplorer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 09:25:48 am »

Thanks for the info. I found the bulb at topbulb.com I have used them alot over the years and they had what I was looking for once again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: