SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 12:27:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help in virginia  (Read 4012 times)
« on: February 09, 2003, 05:29:00 pm »

I am new to this and am very interested in finding a soda machine to refurbish for my own personal use.  I can't seem to find anywhere to buy them except newer models and they are expensive.  Where can I find them? I don't mind travelling to pick it up.  Serious responses only please.  The machine can be any age really.  I am looking to buy cheap and restore at my own leisure. Any help would be appreciated. Please email me at sodamachinesearch@yahoo.com.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 09:56:06 pm »

Hiya and welcome, I assume you mean local travel in your state! you can check the classified section here or side over to Ebay and cruise through the listings there and look for machines near you, there are good machines from the '60's- '70's  at good prices around, (I just bought a Vendo VF90/Coke for $150.00 in working order an hour's drive from my home.) here's a like to the soda machine listings @ ebay
highlight & copy then paste it in your browsers address window. I know of several nice "fixer-uppers" in this area (Flint,MI) depends how far you're willing to travel.

http://listings.ebay.com/aw....ex.html

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 06:14:38 pm »

I found a Coke Chest that was in restorable condition, but rough condition on Rt 301 just North of Richmond in an antique store, but I think it went under. There may be some found at the antique store on Pole Green and Atlee road near hospital.

I'm sure that E-bay and the Advertiser paper would be another source.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 10:06:40 pm »

KC- this web site is set up for people just like you. 10 years ago I was yearning for the same thing. I knew how to restore old cars, but was itching to have that old coke machine. Now, older and wiser and 50+ machines restored it's time to share some of my mistakes. It will cost you the same time and money to restore a 1960+ machine, as a pre-60's machine.
The difference is restored value on the resale market is four to ten times more for the pre-60's machine, and that still depends on the make and model. Now I know you will say "once I restore it, it is for myself, and I will never sell it"
Trust me, once you restore that first machine, the satisfaction it brings will have you on the search for another.Check out the soda machines on this site and choose a model that most appeals to you now. When you find it on the internet, at a reasonable price, have it shipped to you. You won't be sorry!  My 2 cents Glen

Glen
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 10:51:32 pm »

Moondawg, good advice.  I am new to soda machines, but over 50 myself.   Your words ring true to past experience.  Personally I believe this first machine will not be my last machine.  I have found this site helpful and hope for a long fruitful relationship.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: