SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 03:25:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting my 1st slider today  (Read 8638 times)
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:54 pm »

The seller brought the machine to me yesterday after work, saved me an hour of driving time. Said he could not find the light  darn but the slider is complete just not installed. The craigslist pics made it look better than in person but I still bought it. Cool little unit!

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 02:55:20 pm »

He saved you the hour driving, so that helps balance out no light I guess. Tell him to keep looking for the light.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 03:49:54 pm »

here is one I did for a customer got the paint scheme from Dan smile they are nice looking little machine .

Nice job Pat,
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 10:00:59 pm »

He saved you the hour driving, so that helps balance out no light I guess. Tell him to keep looking for the light.

I told him to give me a ring if he found it. There is another on CL that has the light and good working compressor for $150 but has the wood panel look and I don't care for that look. Just don't have the extra coin at this time a year. What does a new comp cost for this unit? I checked ebay for a light and no luck. What do they usually go for? I just don't want to get too much invetsed as I see they are not that collectable.

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 09:16:31 am »

I told him to give me a ring if he found it. There is another on CL that has the light and good working compressor for $150 but has the wood panel look and I don't care for that look. Just don't have the extra coin at this time a year. What does a new comp cost for this unit? I checked ebay for a light and no luck. What do they usually go for? I just don't want to get too much invetsed as I see they are not that collectable.

You could always paint over the woodgrain. That's what I did. You shouldn't pay $150 for one of these. I paid $25 for mine (not cooling, but with a really nice rack and coin mech) and got a donor compressor for nothing from a member here. The lights pop up occasionally. When I bought my cooler it had the Pepsi light with a 70's Coca Cola sticker over it. The chest had a Coke medallion on the front. I bought a stylestar Coke light off of eBay (maybe for a little less than $100?) and sold the Pepsi for just a little less (maybe around $80?) to help recoup the cost.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 10:38:10 am »

I bought 3 of these lights but sold 2.
      I still have the 7up at the bottom of this pic. but need $50 to recover my investment. PM me if you're interested.

Glen
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 10:08:07 am »

Hey, Glen

The Lights You HAVE were off the Vendo 56-7 Decorator Models . But If You Can Adapet to the Cooler It Would Be Cool . I just had to Get rid of My Coke decorator But Saved the Light up & Guts Of the Machine .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 10:58:02 am »

Thanks, I didn't know that. Maybe changing the brackets would work?

Glen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: