SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 09:31:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lacrosse  (Read 3941 times)
Lulu
« on: February 25, 2005, 01:04:53 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've been watching this board for a month and finally got up the courage to ask for some help.  I bought my husband a LaCrosse bottle machine.  The model # is LCB 81 9 and the serial # is 202124.  It cools great, but won't take coins or open the "bottle gates".  I printed out the advise you gave Jasmine64 and have torn the machine apart.  I've got several questions I hope someone will help me with.

The coin mech is a National Rejectors serial #02-73-04, model 08-50-00-7, type B.  The machine is a 20 cent one.  Is this the correct mech for this machine?  The coins just drop through.  I took the slug rejector out and boiled it as you advised, but it didn't change anything.  

The next problem is the wiring.  I believe someone has tried to wire an external free vend switch into the wiring.  The coin mech has a square molded 8 spade plug.  The female plug on the wiring harness only has wires going to four of the spade terminals and someone has spliced different wires onto the ones coming from the plug.  I decided to take the insides out of the machine to see exactly what wires I had.  There are three wires coming out of the side of the machine at the top back right corner.  One has white tape on it with a female connector.  Another wire is spliced into it with another female connector and white tape.  The second wire has a female conector and green tape.  The third wire has a female connector, but no tape.  The vending solinoid (I think) only has two male connectors on it.  One of the white taped wires and the green taped wire were connected to the solenoid.  The other two female connections were taped off.  They all had factory connects and haven't been messed with.  I don't see anything would be a "vending relay", nor where it would have been mounted or any type of fuse.  We can get the machine to work by making contact with the two wires that they rigged for the free vend switch (one is spliced into the green taped wire on the solenoid), however, it makes the light blink and a loud "clunk".  It didn't sound healthy, but it did unlock the bottle gates.  I'm wondering if I'm missing some parts.

I told my husband that I bought it for him to use for his beer in hopes that he won't squawk too loud when (not if) I bring home another machine or two.

Any help you can give would be really appreciated.  We novices are sooooo lucky to have such knowledgable mentors!!
Thanks,
LuAnn
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 08:09:43 pm »

Hello Lulu,
Sorry I can't help but wanted to welcome you to the board. Hopefully someone will part with some advice. Like your "not if/when" statement!!
Creighton
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 01:11:21 am »

LuAnn,
How cool to have a soda machine collecting addicted woman in the fold!
Do we have other women members here?

Wow, from all that you have done/explored in your machine, you seem to know more about the machines than I do.
Wish I could help, but if you could post some photos, I think we could be of more help.
I wish that my wife was hooked on these things like you are! That would be SOOOOO cool!

Glad that you are here, please stick around. We're glad you are now part of our family.

Lulu
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 06:12:04 am »

Thanks for the welcome.  My situation is probably the opposite of most of you.  I moved a couple of machines into my husband's work shop and the garage is full of MY stuff.  
I'm hoping to get his beer machine working properly before I spot another machine.  It will make the homecoming more enjoyable.

jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 07:57:25 pm »

I see I'm not the only one that has the fever.

I find the machines and my husband tries to find the parts. (he's starting to tire of it)

My Lacrosse needs rewiring in a bad way. Thinking about
painting it and going with Ole Miss college themed decals.

I think my facination with anything mechanical
started with my dads wrecker/auto body
shop I grew up in, in TN. Began taking things apart and reassembling
at an early age.

Anyway post some pics of your machine.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 01:28:09 pm »

Hey LuAnn
I am new to this board also. I have a LaCrosse machine that will vend either bottles or cans. It is Model # LCB 106/168-48 Serial #322368. It has aCoinco S 75-9800B coin mech. My machine has the schematics for the wiring and the cam adjustments still attached to the inside door. don't know if the wiring and cam motors are the same, but I could send you pictures of them if you think it might help you with your problem.
George
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 01:47:01 pm »

Welcome to the board George
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 07:01:39 pm »

Yeah George, good to have you here.
Lulu
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 06:46:11 am »

George,

Thanks for the offer of the pictures.  Please send them to:
lreinagle@bwsys.net  Maybe I can figure something out by studying them.

Jasmine64,

Just a farm girl that looks over shoulders and asks a lot of questions.  I've got the machine gutted right now, but will try to get some pictures of the problem areas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: