SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 01:15:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lid Gasket for Westinghouse WH-12t (WD-12)  (Read 7296 times)
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:48 pm »

Working on the finishing touches with my Westinghouse chest cooler, and need some help.  The cooler was rough when I started and missing parts, so there are a couple of things I'm not sure about.

1.  Lid liner gasket - on the three outer edges of each lid half, is the gasket supposed to be a continuous piece, or does it get cut to length for each side?  If cut, I'm guessing the long edge goes to the outer edge (sides) of the lid (as opposed to the short sides going all the way to the front edge)?  Does anyone have a pic showing what this should look like?

2.  My cooler did not have a drip pan underneath when I got it - what does it look like? Dimensions or pic?, and where did it mount?

Thank you all.  Love the site I've learned a lot reading all the posts! 
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:20:19 pm »

1.  Lid liner gasket - on the three outer edges of each lid half, is the gasket supposed to be a continuous piece, or does it get cut to length for each side?  If cut, I'm guessing the long edge goes to the outer edge (sides) of the lid (as opposed to the short sides going all the way to the front edge)?  Does anyone have a pic showing what this should look like?

2.  My cooler did not have a drip pan underneath when I got it - what does it look like? Dimensions or pic?, and where did it mount?

I am redoing a WE-6 which has the same body of the Wd-12. My gasket was one long continual piece, but I dont think it matters if it was cut at the corners. You can order this replacement from Funtronics or Soda Jerk Works.

The drip pan is just a think piece of galvanized metal. I had a new one created and can measure the length for you. You'll have to figure how how to shape the ends though so it will fit in the cooler.

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:37:48 pm »

Here is the part you need,

http://sodajerkworks.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=248&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Cut the gasket at 90 degree angles.

Jared
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:26:30 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 09:38:15 am »

Thanks for the pic.  I think I got the body gasket figured out.  I was trying to refer to the lid liner gasket, the gasket that goes around the outer three sides of the lid, and attached to the lid.  Is that piece also cut with 90 degree corners, or is it continuous?  How did the factory do them?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 11:11:23 am »

I would assume most gaskets are to be cut at 45 degrees where they meet at the corners.

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 11:17:04 am »

I would assume most gaskets are to be cut at 45 degrees where they meet at the corners.

Oops i meant 45.
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 02:55:50 pm »

I'm wondering how the 45 degree cut corners would look on the lid gasket (not the body gasket).  Since there is not a screw/fastening point on the outer corners, I'm guessing the ends of the gasket would not look very well finished, maybe flap/dangle a bit?  Anyone have a pic of an original machine?

The body gasket is thicker/more rigid, and looks good at with 45 degree corners.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 03:50:10 pm »

Super glue works well for the corners.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: