SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 06:52:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 26 mailbox Coke - Reproduction drum.  (Read 7232 times)
AllachSS

« on: July 03, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »

do you need a drum for your Jacobs 26 Mailbox?

I'm gauging interest to see if its worth the hassle to get these made and to see how high the demand is for them.

@ $1050 brand new? Let me know.

thanks

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:11:16 am »

jawdrop

Might be a tough sell at that price.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 02:49:12 am »

I don't think you'll get many people biting your hand off at that sort of price..
But nice ot see that new parts are being considered.

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 06:27:03 am »

The price seems a little high...
Can you find/get another price estimate at another fabricator...?
I would ask as many as you can find in you local area.

My six cents,

Jim

MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 08:00:57 am »

If it was in the 3-450 range you would get some takers. The v39 is missing the drum a lot and it's only 425 for one at funtronics and people run from the machines missing the drum...

Tim
AllachSS

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 01:52:44 pm »

that is what the fabricator quoted me. He needs to create "special tooling" for some of the parts apparently.

Said the more he made the cheaper it would be.. I called other places and none said they do that sort of thing or that they work business to business only, or wanted huge down payment first..

I mean its just galvanized metal bent on angles. it can't be rocket science can it??? I'm baffled. There has to be somebody that could make one for under $500.  Apparently that must be the reason why nobody has re-created these DRUMS yet.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 02:07:08 pm »

Best bet is to look for someone looking for side work or the little guy, shop rate is in the 75-125 range plus material. The little guy might take it just for the work or challenge, or cover the cost for 25 and hook up with funtronics or other dealers to sell as a product line.

Or, find 24 more that are cheap without drums, restore and become the Jacobs expert!!

I thought about looking into it cause I see Jacobs without the drum, but figured the cost would kill me.

Tim
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 02:47:56 pm »

that is what the fabricator quoted me. He needs to create "special tooling" for some of the parts apparently.

Said the more he made the cheaper it would be.. I called other places and none said they do that sort of thing or that they work business to business only, or wanted huge down payment first..

I mean its just galvanized metal bent on angles. it can't be rocket science can it??? I'm baffled. There has to be somebody that could make one for under $500.  Apparently that must be the reason why nobody has re-created these DRUMS yet.
I checked into making them. Way to expensive to make. Remember if they took the drum out they more than likely took the shaft and clutch mech out as well. And that is the piece that is hard to make. The drum is no good without the rest of it.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »

Also (my opinion) I don't think the Jacobs are at the point where one can't be found complete with the drum for about 1000.00.  So why buy JUST a drum for that amount when with a bit of searching, one can be found complete for the same price.
Maybe down the road, when finding one for sale is rare, yet there are all these shells with no drums, then there might be takers, but still, tool & die is an expensive trade, and I don't think it's cost effective to make dies etc for such a small demand of a product.
UNLESS china can make one for cheap lol.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: