SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 06:33:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stickers on a restored Machine  (Read 4549 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: February 19, 2007, 09:58:10 pm »

I was looking at a couple of my restored machines (v81 and 56) the other day and was thinking something was missing, and I realized that the Bottle opener, and Coin Return decals where missing... then started to search to see what others put on their machines for final restoration.
I am thinking the "Bottle opener", "Coin Return", and I like the "Do not deposit coin if bottles are not visible" should be on the machine.  What else do you guys put on yours... Bottle/Hand, Coke Bottle, Big Nickel or 10cent decal???  Also for the sides of a 81 for example I've seen "Have a Coke" , "Have a Coke in Bottles" , "Here's a Coke in Bottles for you"... What do you all think is correct for what machine?
Thoughts!?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:49:39 pm »

I like machines in original condition and, if restored, prefer them as they came from the factory.
Vendo, as far as I know, never put any hand/bottle or other decals on them.
Most of those were provided at the Coca Cola bottler for the customer to "jazz up" the machine.
My original 81A has the "Coin Return Here" arrow, "Open Bottle Here" arrow,
and "Do Not Deposit Coin If Bottles Are Not Visible" above the coin door.
The sides read "Here's a Coke For You In Bottles".
None of them are decals, but silkscreened on.
My original VMC27A has "Have A Coke" on each side and "Drink CC - In Bottles" on the front.
My Cav33 has nothing but an instructional plate glued to the top of the coin door.
If I ever get my DP S-48 restored, I might put a couple of hand/bottle decals on the sides of it.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:18:54 pm »

I agree...sometimes less is more.

Nice machine Tom!

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 07:28:23 am »

I definitely agree with the original look. Sometimes a little flair is nice but when the stickers & pinstriping become the focal point, that's when you lose me.

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:01:40 am »

I vote for just off the line look

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 09:31:46 am »

I agree... I like the clean look as well... was more or less trying to figure out which "bottle Opener" and "Coin Return" decal was for which machine.  I see in the photos of Tom's 81a, the Coin Return and Bottle opener image are in a arrow shaped box, but on other machines I 've seen them just in words (no Box).  And as far as the side art, was the Slogan "Heres a coke for you in bottles" only used on the 81a?   I like that one...

Also I do know that all of these where original screened on, but dont' have that ability so vinyl graphics will have to do.. .and they look better than water release..

Thanks

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 08:33:13 pm »

I believe the small door 81's had the bottle opener and con return text in arrows to the left of the slots.

I had to go out to the garage to check,  my 81D has  'coin return' and 'bottle opener' under the slots and "Do Not Deposit Coin If Bottles Are Not Visible" goes across the top of the coin door, and "Here's a Coke for you"  screened on the side.

And yes, too much only detracts from the beauty of the machine. I am kinda coming around to the sprite Boy behind a bottle, but it won't be him, the 10¢ slogan across the bottom door panel  and the hand holding the Coke bottle all over the 81, or any machine I own/hope to own

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: