SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 12:07:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V-90 Coin Mech  (Read 3908 times)
buschgator
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:00:49 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Basic question here...so I have a V-90 that I bought a few months ago.  Its the only machine I have ever had, and I have never messed with the coin changer.  How do you use it in general?  How do you empty the change out of it?  My machine takes nickels to buy a coke, I have always used a nickel.  When these were invented, did it have the technology to make change for a quarter? a dime? etc.  I guess some of these questions I could answer myself through trial and error, but I didn't want to cause any problems if I started tinkering.

Thanks!

-Ryan
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:45:59 pm by buschgator » Logged
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:55:44 pm »

Most all electric mechs should give change; however, there were some early models that only accepted nickels and dimes and no change. All of the switch wires need to be in the coin path for the mech to recognize the coins.
All large rejectors accept nickels, dimes & quarters and some accept pennies too.
To empty the change tube, flip the switch on the bottom right. Some mechs require you to hold it in the up/down position - I can't remember which way.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
buschgator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:13:11 pm »

So when I flip this switch on the bottom right.  What happens at that moment?  Does it release the change?  Or does it enable me to open something?  Sorry for the ignorance.  The guidance is much appreciated.  It is a Coinco S75-9800B if that helps at all.

-Ryan
buschgator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 08:32:29 pm »

So I was out in the garage playing with the coin mechanism.... and I think I have done something to cause a problem.  I pushed the button up on the bottom right, which I'm told will release the coins to empty the change tubes.  Nothing happened...but now with my tinkering, the machine wont vend.  I put in a nickel, and it goes through the mechanism and down into the change tube without allowing me to pull a coke out of the machine.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Ryan
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:32:58 pm »

Yep, you hit the inventory switch.  Did you try unplugging and plugging back in the mech?  That will usually reset it.  If you go to the downloads section of the site, you can download the manual for the S75's, which has all of the troubleshooting and instructions on how to change the price.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: