SMC Discussion Areas
May 13, 2024, 09:09:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie help cav cs-142e  (Read 12040 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 08:15:06 am »

Just to echo the others, welcom to SMC, DarkKermit! Please keep us updated on the status of your machine.

There was some recent discussion in another thread/topic about keeping the vend solenoid in a free vend state permanantly.

Basically you have to install a switch in order to actuate the vend solenoid. You can't (shouldn't) use constant voltage to keep the vend solenoid in a "vend" state. A solenoid isn't designed to have continous voltage applied to it, only momentary. Constant voltage applied will cook the solenoid causing the solenoid to fail.

Brian
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 10:58:18 pm »

Sorry guys. Didn't intend to fall silent. Gotten busy at home and work for the past few days. The time I thought I had last night for pics and work on the machine got swallowed up by some house maintenance chores.

I work tomorrow, but I promise some pics and an update by Monday morn.

Thanks,

Mark
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 11:18:20 pm »

Okay. I managed to get 6 pix out of my camera before the batteries died.
I'm planning on putting up at least 6 more shots tomorrow night.

Here they are:

Left side:

Right side:

Inside Rack:

Inside Fan:

My favorite part - Does Not Accept the New Dollar Coins! LOL

Hope you like it. There's more tomorrow.

Mark
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 11:19:16 pm »

By the way, is this ths solinoid?

Mark
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 08:21:05 am »

Great pic's! Yep, you are correct, that is the Vend Solenoid.

Brian
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2005, 03:48:51 pm »

Mark

Your machine is backwards from mine but in the last picture of the vending solenoid you can see the metal post that is moved by the vending solenoid. Reach back there & you should be able to lock it into a vend  position. I like that large machine.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 07:54:00 pm »

Okay. Good news!
I tinkered with getting the machine to free vend tonight and had a few challenges at first.

You see, the lever that opens the vend has to be in the left position to allow the release of the product. "That's no problem!", think I.   And go gleefully about zip tieing the thing over to the left position.

Then I go to pull one of my Cokes out and....
No dice.

You see the lever gets pushed over to the right when you pull out a Coke.  If it's got no play, then the release doors only open up so far...doh!

The answer it seems came to me in a 5 cent rubber band!

Yup! I simply rubber banded the sucker over into the left position, but no so tight that it can't move to the right some.
Then when the door slides back into place, the rubber band moves the lever over into the vend position once more.

Regardless it works like a champ.  It's even pretty smooth after some liberal use of the WD-40.  

I have it cooling now, but I'll definitely open her up tomorrow and take some pics of my rigging.

Thanks for all the help.

Mark
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 09:48:57 pm »

Great job Mark!! Can't wait to see the pic's. Ingenuity is what this great country of ours is built on.

Nuthin' like a 5 cent rubber band to make your day just that much more brighter!  ':drinkers:'

Brian
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005, 08:08:06 am »

Mark

Great!

Now you get to do the best part of this addiction we have.  The first time you buy "Product" & load your machine. Deciding which row gets which drink!  Great fun!

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 09:18:02 am »

I was thinking about what product to put in my machine this morning and was wondering if there is a list out there of vendable products for my machine.  

I know that the current 20oz plastic coke bottles dispense very well, but the Dasani water bottles of the same size are fatter in the middle and won't fit in the "ready" slot.

Can anyone help with this question?  Ideally I would like some Pepsi/Coke products and a few rows with Beer and the like.

Mark
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: