SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 01:43:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings! 1st post & 1st Machine: CSS-64G - Needing assistance  (Read 3542 times)
TexasGreek

« on: December 07, 2014, 12:18:10 pm »

Greetings all. I found this AWSOME forum after researching and then purchasing my first machine online. It is a Coca-Cola Stylestar edition, model #CSS-64G.

Since I was getting such a good deal, I decided to get two of them; one for myself and the other for my brother as a Christmas gift. They were purchased online and are on their way to me now. The seller, who also did the restorations, has provided me pictures of both machines. The one for my brother was converted into a Dr. Pepper. The only thing I don't really care for is the Dr. Pepper's black plastic coin acceptor bezel, as I believe it should be chrome to match the machine's other trim bezels. I will replace this myself as soon as I can find one. I want actual metal and do not plan on getting the current one chromed. Anyone happen to know where I might find one?

Also, can anyone recommend a place to get the '10-cent' decals in their ORIGINAL style that matches the machines' time period?

Thanks in advance, and any further advice on getting these to look as original as possible would be greatly appreciated (with the exception of the "wood grain" paneling which I don't care for). While it is too early in the game for me to take on a full restoration project on one of these babies, I'm pretty hands-on and don't mind taking on some part of the process.

Thanks again, and it's really great to be here!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:38:19 pm by TexasGreek » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 01:48:33 pm »

I have a steel frame without the "Have a Coke" lens.......... P.M. me.

Here are the the price foils you are loking for:
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vending-Machine-10-CENT-DECAL-vintage-CAVALIER-soda-pop-soft-drink-coin-slot-/371168668332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566b606aac

Glen
TexasGreek

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 02:23:17 pm »

I have a steel frame without the "Have a Coke" lens.......... P.M. me.

Yes, MoonDawg, thank you for responding. I am interested. Tried sending a PM but not sure if you recieved it. There is no "sent messages" folder to check. Hopefully you recieved my PM.

I also saw the "10 cent" decals a few days ago on Ebay. Held off from getting them though because I am not sure if the Cavalier CSS-64 was set up to provide change, and the decal mentions the acceptance of quarters.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 04:52:37 pm »

The Cav 64's  most often used a coinco change giver coin mech. Does the machine have a correct change only light? Fill the nickel and dime tubes, put in a quarter and see if you get change

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
TexasGreek

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 07:06:54 pm »

Thanks for the info, Kilroy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: