SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 11:09:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: v/vf 63/7 help  (Read 5537 times)
Scooby Doo

« on: October 22, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »

I have 2 coke machines. One is a Cavalier and the other is a Vendo. The one in question is exactly what model my Vendo is. The model tag says V/VF 63/7. I'm assuming it's a Vendo 63 model but when I google that model the photos I see all have round holds in the door for bottles. The model I have is a square corner and is cans. Mine is the one when you open the door you flip the lever up and the cans pop up. Is my machine a V-63 or something different. It recently started having problems and I'd like to try and troubleshoot it with help from this site.

Dan
Scooby Doo

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:22 pm »

another photo
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:45:54 pm »

It's a Vendo 63 (holds 63 bottles or cans) just like the tag indicates.  Your machine was most likely converted to vend 12oz cans sometime during it's service life on the road.  So it was a bottle machine with "circles" like you see in internet photos, but the bottle stack and shelves were swapped out for the can stack and shelves.  Many of the late model V63's were converted by Coke using a Vendo conversion kit.  Some Vendo 63's came from the factory as a can vendor as well.  Those should have a "C" at the end of the model number.  Infact if you look under the decal on the bezel that reads "Do Not deposit Coin if Cans are not Visible" you should see the same message engraved in the aluminum except it will say "bottles" instead of cans.  
The last Vendo 63s like yours were made in the early 70's.  It was a transitional time when the aluminum can was becoming preferred and slant shelf vending machines were phased out in favor of the push button 12oz can vending machines.  
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:49:55 pm by RustyGold » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: