SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 12:15:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early CS-64 Coin Door Question (Added link to specific model)  (Read 11129 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« on: August 25, 2013, 02:44:58 pm »

On the later Cav 64 machines, the angled-inward panel where you insert coins is integrated into the coin door (it opens out with the door). Is that panel separate from the coin door on the earlier models?

EDIT: I can't get the image I was going to post small enough right now, so here's a link to the model I'm asking about.

http://www.colamachines.com/machines/squarecorner/cavalier/Cavalier-64-E/Cavalier-CS-64E.htm
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:06:20 pm by Pixel » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:33:07 pm »

Yes, the white section of this coin door is separate from the red.

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:50:27 pm »

If I've understood correctly, the top of the coin door opens away from the machine along the green line in the picture below, while the coin entry bezel, slot, white area, and horizontal divider trim all remain in place on the machine. Is that correct?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:02:35 am »

Nope!

The white section just above the green line is bolted to the rest of the coin door and is separated by gold trim.

The strip you see above the door and just below the bottle, stays on the machine, everything under it swings open.

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 10:58:47 am »

Nope!

The white section just above the green line is bolted to the rest of the coin door and is separated by gold trim.

The strip you see above the door and just below the bottle, stays on the machine, everything under it swings open.

This is what I was thinking, (EDIT: What I meant was, I had thought the coin door included the bezel, but I did not think about it being two separate pieces bolted together.) but it was hard to tell with all the fancy trim. This type of coin door is not as plain as the later ones. Would it work on a later machine?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:41:19 pm by Pixel » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:27:25 pm »

I was about to say no to you, but I decided to first go measure the early and late model 64's.

The tape measure shows dimensions to be the same. Locking bar, coin return, bottle opener are all in the same place.  happydrinkers

The only difference I see is late hinge is longer.

If you are getting the one from Joey, it's priced very reasonable. Go ahead and try it and let us know how it fits.

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 06:22:36 pm »

The tape measure shows dimensions to be the same. Locking bar, coin return, bottle opener are all in the same place.  happydrinkers

The only difference I see is late hinge is longer.

If you are getting the one from Joey, it's priced very reasonable. Go ahead and try it and let us know how it fits.

I'm not in the market for a coin door at the moment, though I may need one in the future. Thank you for measuring- I'm very glad to hear they are interchangeable by period, provided the hinge isn't a problem.

Not to stray too far from the main topic, but do the Cav 64 and 96 of the same period/style use the same coin door, dimension-wise?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »

Cavalier 64, 80 and 96 share a lot of parts.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:09:40 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 10:23:35 pm »

Wow, there's enough Cavaliers there to form a basketball team.  biggrin Are you restoring all those?

Looks like the coin doors of the same style are configured and sized the same. I would say the coin door on the 80 looks like a different size, but
I think that's just an optical illusion because of the machine's overall proportional differences with the 64.

I see a USS-64 trying to sneak into the right of one of those shots. If the camera panned over, would there be some woodgrain visible?

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 08:45:32 am »

NO WOODGRAIN!  biggrin

The early models 64 and 80 in the first pic, and the 96 in the second pic.....all have the same coin door.

I will be getting the early 96 in a few weeks, the late 96 was sold to Rocket Fizz as a store display.

The 80 will be used for parts and the 64 got painted and sits on display next to her ugly sister.

Glen
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: