SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 05:16:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air compressor question  (Read 3086 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: July 10, 2004, 11:13:58 pm »

I am wanting to buy and air compressor to begin doing my painting myself. My question is if a 2 gallon 100psi compressor is big enough to spray paint and run a sander? I have alot of experience with spraying paint but have allways used a large compressor. What do you all think? Attached is a pic of one similar to what I am looking at.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 12:56:49 am »

Nope not big enough look for the CFM the compressor pushes out and then look at the airtools your wanting to use and there reccomended CFM( cubic feet per Min) and match it up......For sanders painters etc your gonna be in the 15-30 gal range also Get a OIL lubricated compressor   " hassle free oil-less" Compressors are junk......why you ask? cause Oil free compressors are " lubricated" by a teflon sleve in the piston chamber and have a tendency to Shatter and break down...... theres no fix you just buy a new compressor and  they also are MUCH louder then a oil lubed model, I have many links I will find em and post them tomorrow fo you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: