SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 11:48:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qustion About Moving My Seeburg 100b  (Read 3162 times)
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« on: December 21, 2013, 10:21:28 am »

If all goes well I will get my long waited to own jukebox back after the holidays. My question is would it be safe to move it on its side? I know I don't like the idea myself but it's the only way if any that it will go into this room. I can transport it the whole way upright but when I get to the hallway it will need to be on it's side. I do plan on removing the glass, I'm just scared that after about 1,000 for parts & repairs I will  censored something up.

Ideal 55 Slider (Embossed Double Dot Pepsi) Restored
Ideal 35 (Generic White) Needs to be restored
Ideal 35 (Dr.Pepper) Needs to be restored
56 Square Top (Coca Cola)
Heinz Pepsi Gull Wing - Needs to be restored
Westinghouse 42T - For Sale
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:37:16 am »

There should be 4 bolts on the main rails of the Select O Matic head mechanism.  If you tighten those bolts which have springs below them if keep the head unit in place during transport.  

I wouldn't advise moving it on it's back, but if your in a bind you do what you have to do sometimes.

If you are worried about the main mechanism you could unplug it from the select receiver and remove it from the back.  Probably more work, but you could safely move it knowing nothing could happen to it during transport.

If it the machine is on it's side I would take out the amplifier and select receiver to limit the weight.  Once those components are out it will make it easier to move, and slide around.  If you have to do that kind of move taking the extra time to take the parts out may be worth th
efforts!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:14:16 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:51:04 am »

Sorry this may be long and  boring to non jukebox people:

First remove the records, and stop the carriage in the A-1 area.
Make sure that the four  "tie down" 9/16 bolts are all the way UP, till they
jam against the top of the stud.

I would remove the  tubes, Removing the mech, and the back door, in addition to the  top lid  will shave approx 130 lbs off the machine.

Make sure all doors are locked if you don't remove them.

The jukebox sites have thrown people off the boards for suggesting  a jukebox can be moved on it's side. In a perfect world, doorways staircases are built so a jukebox, or pop machine, or arcade game  would allow easy moving.  This isn't the perfect world. I've laid jukeboxes on their sides when a trailer isn't available,  

Let me clarify,  if you don't have to go up or down stairs, then bolting down the mech will be fine.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:03:37 am »

I would not move it on its side with the mech in place.  Its very easy to remove and makes the juke much lighter.

Just my .02

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain