SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 08:55:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V-63 Evaporator Housing  (Read 4167 times)
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« on: October 20, 2010, 11:10:09 pm »

I've pulled the the refrigeration system out of my machine in order to deal with some rust issues on the bottom of the tub and below the compressor deck.  I pulled everything apart, cleaned, sanded, and repainted.  I used cold galvanizing compound on the deck and on the housing portions of the evaporator unit.  I used silver metallic on the evaporator coils and fins and black engine enamel on the compressor, fan, and coils.  I'm fairly happy with how it looks, all things considered.

I attempted to take numerous pictures and bagged all the screws, etc. when I originally took the refrigeration unit out... however, when I took the "roof" off of the evaporator (the part that extends from the evaporator coils back over the evaporator fan), a piece that looks like a brace fell out.  I had no way of knowing exactly where this part goes (I think it came from the right-hand side of the housing when you face the evaporator from the front).  Does anyone know how this "brace" should be fit back into place?  I have everything else back together and have plugged the system in to make sure the fans are operating and not catching on anything, etc. and the system doesn't seem to make any unusual noises in the absence of that brace... but I really don't want to have any "extra" parts when I put the refrigeration unit back into machine.

Thanks!

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:35:39 pm »

Do you have a picture of the part? I might know what it is if I saw it.
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:23:29 pm »

Here are a couple of images of my refrigeration unit... it's nearly ready to go back in my machine.  The second picture shows the bracket that came out of the evaporator housing.  I can't quite figure out where this piece is supposed to go.   tounge

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:48:09 pm »

I found it in this manual! http://www.vendoco.com/Documents/Slant%20shelve.pdf Page 29 part #18A Says it is some kind of deflector.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:24:44 am »

It sits behind the evaporator & deflects the air flow towards the bottles in the gates/portals ( directs the airflow up & to the left along the rear of the stack) this part is usually only found on late models

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
rstang50
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 11:53:58 am »

Some pictures
rstang50
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 11:54:58 am »

picture
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 06:31:30 pm »

Thanks, guys.  All the information has been very helpful.

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: