SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 02:05:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier CS 55 E  (Read 3478 times)
George johnston
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:45:12 am »

I recently acquired a Cavalier CS 55 E in a trade.  It is in ex condition and  works we..  I have no Idea of value as this is not my area of collecting.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks  George
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:43:28 am »

Welcome to SMC, George! Cavalier 55's are great little machines. Do you have any way to post a few pictures of your machine? They will help greatly in applying a relative value to it. One man's idea of "ok" or "Good shape" is another man's "bad" or "cruddy shape".

Pictures would be awesome!

Brian
George johnston
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 01:22:55 pm »

I don't know how to post pics.  I can e-mail pics .  The machine is in excellent shape with oly a couple of scratches on one side.  I would not consider restoring it as it looks almost new.  George
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »

Hi George and welcome to the site,
I would venture a guess that, from what you have told us, it could bring $1000 or so. All of the 55E's I have seen are a dual selection machine and my estimate is based on that premise. If it is NOT a dual selection, the value would be considerably less.
I am also assuming that:
1. It is complete with ALL spacers/shims necessary for adjusting the machine to the various bottle sizes - you should have two back spacers, four side spacers (two mirror images per column) and numerous shims
2. The compressor cools and cyles properly
3. All items (coin mech/switches/lights/vend motors) work and the machine vends as it should
If all of these factors are not met, the value of the machine would need to be adjusted accordingly.
Please send me pics (inside and out) and I'll post them for you - everyone would love to see them. I've PM'd you with me email address.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 03:27:09 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 02:06:56 pm »

Welcome to SMC George!

To attach photos within your post, you have a couple of options: one is to upload the file(s) via the attach text box toward the bottom of the Post Reply Screen. You'll need to utilize the Reply Link to access this and not the Quick Reply Box at the bottom of each thread page. Once at the Post Reply, you'll click the "Browse Button" next to the Attach text box to allow you to navigate to the saved location of the image file(s) you wish to post. The file size cannot exceed 100KB for each image.

The second option is a little more complex as it requires the image file(s) to be located on another server such as PhotoBucket, Kodak or some other familiar resource. To accomplish this, click the Insert Image Icon, second row, second from the left and then enter the URL or address of the image file as below:
Code:
[img]http://somesite/image.gif[/img]

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: