SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:30:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nesbitt California Orange Quikold  (Read 3260 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: September 05, 2013, 08:25:47 pm »

This piece is local, but wanted to run it past this group to get their thoughts. According to the Jeff Walters book this is rare, but not sure if this is the same exact type as I don't see any other types in his book to match.  From the pictures in Jeff's book it looks like this one is missing the bottle cap remover, the cap catcher does not look original and the lid is in white (the picture in Jeff's book has it in Orange).  He is asking $450.  Any thoughts from the pictures if that is a fair price.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

Sorry, first picture was wrong.  Reposted the correct one.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 08:58:02 pm »

It is rough... the base is wood, the lids are wood, wrong cap catcher and both bottom edges of either embossed sides are rotted out...
You will need a donor for the bottom sides, base, drain plug, lids, cap catcher and a opener, also missing a chrome strip... I would stay away...
But I would love to have one... so anyone comes across a solid one,  let me know please...

Here is the picture he sent me a long time again... it's a little larger so you can see the damage....
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:10:37 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »

Eric,

Thanks for the details.  It is info like this that makes me really appreciate this site......and other reasons too.... laugh
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:24:59 pm »

I agree with Eric on this one, it has been up on craigslist multiple times, unless you really want your first quikold and don't care about the money....

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: