SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 08:56:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin mechanism on vendo 63  (Read 4682 times)
« on: January 14, 2003, 01:27:22 pm »

I have a National Rejectors coin mechanism model #111021.  Anyway, weird problem, when the coin mechanism is installed it rejects all dimes.  

If i take it out and hold it up, it accepts the dimes.  If i tilt it to the left a hair it will reject the coin, and if i tilt it to the right it still accepts the coin.  Any idea how to fix this, tried WD-40 and no luck.  Not sure what part inside might be causing this.

Thanks!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 06:32:51 pm »

I'm not not up on the actual model numbers for coin mechanisims but you could always clean it and see how this effects the dimes...

Remove the slug rejector, clean it in hot mild soapy water using an old toothbrush to get into the nook & crannies. Make sure you get along the coin paths too!

Additionally, if this is a 5 cent coin mech that gives change (nickels), make sure there are nickels in the change tube otherwise the mech will return all dimes but take the nickels and fill the tube until the linkage deativates the dime return arm.

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 07:29:56 pm »

actually i got it fixed (at least for now)  It looks like the deflector was knocking the dimes into the rejected area, I adjusted a bit and now it seems to work fine.  

Thanks for all your help.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 01:19:39 pm »

If the coin mech still gives you problems and you don't mind spending a little money, you can purchase a service manual for the National Rejector mechs at http://www.colamachines.com/store/manuals/manuals.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: