SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 02:45:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mars 6200 coin changer  (Read 6768 times)
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:42:40 pm »

I have an early '70s ChoiceVend CVB176 with a Mars 6200 coin changer. Everything has been working perfect since I got this machine a year ago. Yesterday, every coin goes straight through to the coin return and the machine will not vend at all.  I don't want to replace the changer unless I'm sure it's the problem. Here is what I did to troubleshoot: (1)I set all the price dip switches to off, which should allow the machine to vend without money, correct?  (2)I flipped the switches next to the coin tubes, shouldn't it start ejecting coins? (3)I emptied all the cans from the machine to ensure nothing was jammed. (4) I removed the changer and took it apart as much as possible to make sure there were no stuck coins.  What else can I do to troubleshoot this?  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, John
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 12:47:20 am »

Welcome to the board John,
Can't help but someone will.
Creighton
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 08:08:05 am »

First start by checking for line voltage at the female socket (jones socket) between slots 1 & 2 , as shown in the diagram, next remove th ecoinmech from the machine & use an extention cord & apply power to the male "jones" connector onto pins 1 & 2 , (CAUTION*** some of the exposed pins on the male jones connector will have line voltage present on them!!!   ':O' ) the mech should power up, if not then the internal powersupply and/or circutboard is dead. if it does powerup , then theres something wrong in the female connector or associated wiring...that ought to give you somewere to start looking....

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 10:13:09 am »

thanks JohnnieG
I've got power at the 1&2 sockets on the Jones connector. I also hooked up an extension cord directly to the changer and nothing happens. So it appears to be a dead changer. I'll try to pick one up on ebay. Thanks so much for your help.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 07:53:27 pm »

Thanks again to johnieG
I used his tips for setting up my machine for "free play"  until I can acquire a new changer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: