SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 01:23:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendorlator VF-165 repairs  (Read 5564 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:26 pm »

I finally got a chance to get my machine taken appart for some repairs. It looks like I will be needing some more POR-15 though. She has lots of rust under the liner but that is no big deal. I mean it ran great at school with all that rust so putting POR-15 over it can't make it any worse. I also got the refrigeration system out and I found some neat stuff. Other than the huge pile of bug parts, dirt and fuz I found 4 old matchbooks 3 ok ones and one that was in  really sad shape. The really neat thing is that they are from the gas station that origionally owned my machine! I am really excited it tells where the machine was and what the name of the station was. I thought the origional location was going to be a mystery that was never going to be solved. They were underneath the compressor deck. I also found a pull tab inside the machine but other than that it was mostly dirt in there. I am really excited about it. The place is not in business anymore but I am going to call the place I think now owns the old building and ask them about it. Might be kind of fun if they remember the thing. biggrin
Also the matchbook says

Hilltop Service and Cafe
Phone 263-9275
Union, Nebr.
and it has an Amoco logo on the top
Matchbook

Stuff I found

Parts all over the garage

Rust
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:48:23 pm by scalebowler » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:52:50 pm »

I think this is what the place looks like today. It is their only service station in town from what I could find on the internet and the building off to the right side looks big enough to have held a cafe at one time. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=110+main+street+union,+nebraska&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=110+Main+St,+Union,+Cass,+Nebraska+68455&gl=us&ei=D586TP7AHYGdlge-5OzUBw&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA&ll=40.817414,-95.922618&spn=0,0.021093&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.813255,-95.922032&panoid=33xzHGsXDYDKxZdcIZ4RcA&cbp=12,30.71,,0,2.8
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 11:20:59 pm »

Well I got the insulation pulled out and thrown away and the insides cleaned out. There is still some dirt and junk inside the compressor area I could not get out but I really don't care that much. I do have to fix some rust though. Looks like when the liner got a hole in it the water rusted the underside too. Found a few holes in there and may need some more POR-15. I love it when the simple little "I just have to fix the rust" projects turn into a wow there is more that needs to be done than I thought  glare
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: