SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 06:18:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Powder coat Vs E coat  (Read 3602 times)
rr82
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:51:32 am »

E coat seems to have an advantage on powder coating parts that move were thickness could be an issue. Powder coating maybe seems more chip resistant and may look better in person? This is kinda what I have gathered. Is this correct? Has anyone E-coated a stack, tub or Machine frame rather than powder coating? As alway, thanks for your input. biggrin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:00:15 pm by rr82 » Logged
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:31:19 pm »

Hey Scott,
Glad you posted this, as before our conversation yesterday, I have not even heard of E-Coating.. since then have gone online to do some research on it and it seems it is a process of applying Paint to parts via electrolosis.  it's a wet process versus a dry process.  I have not every heard of anyone in our hobby useing it, as I think the process is only done by large manufacturers, and most of us don't have access to anyone who does it?
I just know what is proven and powdercoating has proven itself so far .. so maybe this will be a technique that becomes more readily accessible in the future? and maybe it would prove itself?
for now, I will powder coat.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:50:00 am »

E coat is the process that manufactures use to protect the metal (primer) at the factory . When you buy a factory part or even after market parts (fender , doors , etc. ) the blk primer coat is referred to as the E coat . Hope this helps  smile

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: