SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 05:28:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction Item Values-Stoner? Cavalier  (Read 4987 times)
« on: May 25, 2007, 12:44:33 pm »

Hello again guys,
     I located an auction that is about 15 minutes from my house and was wondering if I could get some advise on a few items? I have added some pictures so you could tell me what you think or if they are worth buying. This place is about 10 or 15 miles from any town, so there might be a small crowd since it will be on Memorial Day. The main items i am interested in is the Stoner? candy machine, the policeman coke sign and the Cavalier 96 machine. The candy machine looks like it is missing some features on the outside, but the inside looks pretty much complete. The sign does not have the base. The coke machine runs but doesn't cool and they said it was restored, but when I opened it up and examined it, it looks like they painted over a lot of rust. I tried to take several pictures but they have just too much stuff. They have serveral 1930's and 1940's wooden lures still in the original box. Are those worth anything??
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:46:54 pm »

One more picture
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:11:47 pm »

The Stoner should bring 400 or more for it , it's missing the mirror and the chrome edging pieces , but could be restored without those. I just got $550 for one that was in similiar condition. The 96 I am not a fan of and I've seen locally around me for 1200 -1500 tops. maybe even less. As far as the Coke policeman, these have been repopped and I am not sure how to tell the original from the repro withouth having them side by side.
Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 01:41:29 pm »

Doesn't Curtis repro the mirrors. I see them on Ebay all the time and they aren't expensive.
Not sure about the chrome "do dars"

With a bit of luck nobody will turn up and you can grab the lot for a bargain price. Good luck.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:58:06 pm »

Yeah, the mirror is easy, to do Curtis can sell you one or I'm sure you can get one cut at a local shop as well.

GOod luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 02:17:29 pm »

repro cops don't have Coca-Cola on them anywhere (licensing)
you either had to have it painted on or a decal also along the edge of the sign he holds should be some type of date and company.
Any old telephones or gumball machines? looks to be a good auction.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 03:36:20 pm »

Thanks again guys!! More helpful information. Eric, they do happen to have an old Oak Western Electric Telephone. If I remember right, it is about 24 inches long and about 10 or so inches wide. It has the 2 brass bells with the piece you talk into in the middle, with the small earpiece that comes out from the side. The finish is in really good shape, but it does not have the label on it anywhere. I saw one at a flea market yesteday that was in very good condition with everything mentioned plus the labels for $275.00. Is that one high and what would be a good price for the one at the auction?
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:54:23 pm »

Try this link.  http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=256855  This is the web address for the photos of the auction that I was asking about. If it will not work, go to www.auctionzip.com , click on the auction search at the top of the page and type in 30 miles from ZIP code 38372. Click on the 28th of May and then click on Milledgeville auction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: