SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 06:13:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1938 westinghouse Cooler  (Read 2386 times)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« on: December 08, 2008, 02:31:13 pm »

Nice Westinghouse on craigslist in IL. It's a steal at $500.

1938 Coca Cola Machine...restored. - $500 (East Dubuque, IL 61025)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-949670228@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-08, 10:14AM CST

This is an antique Westinghouse Coca Cola machine from 1938. This particular model cools the pop using a compressor that keeps the coils cold inside the housing. This model has dual lids. It is 26” deep, 42” wide, 36” tall and two men can lift it pretty easy so probably no more than 200#. This has an older restoration from 8-10 years ago but still very nice. I bought it from a big name vendor that only restored old pop machines and candy machines. The restoration is still very nice, with the exception of a few small paint ships and very light scratches. Nothing at all that I’d consider even close to major defects. Chrome handles still excellent, Stainless hinges excellent. New rubber seal on top at restoration is still like new. Bottle cap holder on the front. Inside metal is excellent yet, there is a “hard water line”. It can be used as is and I did up until last spring. I am sure there are cleaners that will remove that hard water line if it bothers you but that isn't bad at all. Compressor was all rebuilt when this was restored. I used it approximately 5-6 years but I unplugged it last year, it wasn’t keeping the bottles cold enough, it simply needs a recharge just like you’d do to your car or home air conditioner. Also when this was rebuilt they redid the wiring, it has a new cord with ground. They also put a new rheostat on this so you can control the water temperature more accurately. When charged the compressor works good enough to literally put a coating of ice around the coils! This make's a great addition to any home or shop. I can be reached at 815-747-2613 or email. I will palletize it at the cost of the pallet & packing materials if you need that. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: