SMC Discussion Areas
May 30, 2024, 05:11:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dallas Area Refrigeration  (Read 2889 times)
lcrabtree
« on: January 14, 2008, 08:58:23 am »

Alright, regrigeration is beyond me.  I may be able to fix the problem but for the time and money I will spend, I think it wise to call an expert.

Does anyone know (and recommend) of a refrigeration technician is the Dallas area?  I have a 1950's Vendo V-110.  I would love to take it to Global Compressor but they are down in Conroe and taking the whole unit out is a big task, then getting the thing down there in one piece is another.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 09:48:08 am »

Either way your going to have to remove the unit for service, even if you find someone to work on it...
They are easy to remove... 4 screws on the top condensor area, and probably one or two bolts on the bottom unit... slide it all out as one unit.. little at a time on bottom, then repeat on top.. just don't pinch the lines and you'll be ok.. there are some posts on here somewhere about removing the unit with photos I'd think. otherwise others will chime in..

Good luck

PS..if your close to Eric and wouldn't have to ship... your better off getting it to him...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: