SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:16:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think? new pics added.  (Read 10515 times)
rugrunner
10 Cent Member

« on: June 26, 2009, 10:00:43 am »

Found this a few miles from here (haven"t seen it yet) for 50$. She said it was made by ideal but she couldn't find a model #. Looks like the 55 on the "when to part out" thread to me.??

She said the compressor ran but didn't seem to cool and it had been sitting in a garage for a long time as it belonged to her now deceased father in law.

I had decided before seeing this that an Ideal 55 (or similar) would be the machine I would next like to own so it's funny I saw this one so close to me so quickly.

Good thing I already have 2 large storage sheds that wife never goes into for my work tools... biggrin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:48:01 pm by rugrunner » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:40 am »

It's an ideal 55, also known as a slider
it's missing the inside rack, the bottles hung  in between the rail, and youi slid the bottle to the release area.
coin mech is there, it looks like the 7 up logo is a decal, if it was embossed it would be that much coller ( my opinion)
 If it runs,  grab it.   the raack is repopped and availabole from Funtronics or Soda Jerk works, or some people  leave the rack out and  use it as a cooler.  It has the coin mech, which is usually misisng, and it's not embossed, so you can change the coller to make it any flavor you want

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:33:51 am »

It's missing the divider shelf separating the top compartment from the lower.
This shelf also holds the reciever nut that is necessary to keep the side door closed.
          If it doesn't cool it's either because the fanmotor is not working or it lost it's
freon. If it has a leak in the line it may become a problem if the damage is inside the
walls of the liner.
          Cap catcher alone is worth $50.00 though, I'd buy that machine for parts,
you may need them when you find your next slider.

Glen
rugrunner
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:40:10 am »

Thanks guys for the info, I am picking it up next week (when the wife is at work LOL).
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:31:02 pm »

I agree with Glen,   Get it for parts for sure.   I ended up parting out the slider I had - too much water damage. Sliders are pretty common, but they all seem to be missing something...

Bob
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 01:23:17 pm »

One more bit of information about old soda machines priced right.............

don't be surprised if it's not there next week  darn

Glen
rugrunner
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 03:33:32 pm »

I think it will still be there. Her ad on craiglist expired with no takers for 100 so I told her since it wasn't running I"d offer $50. She wanted $75 I thanked her for her time and she said okay, $50 was fine. Cool

But you"re definitely right that if you see a deal take it or forget it. If it's really a deal it will be gone fast. If it's still there next week it might not be a deal after all.
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:53:12 pm »

doesn't look like it's embossed from the picture, but the coin mech and cap catcher alone are over $50.  I'd say go for it.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 01:56:47 pm »

Dinner with drinks, and of course the tip, would cost you more then $75.00.

Good luck
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 03:28:36 pm »

hey rc i want to dine where you eat. 75.00 is cheap  lol
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: