SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 02:32:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do i have (vendo 110?)  (Read 11555 times)
« on: March 26, 2003, 12:57:53 pm »

Hi.  I came across this Coke machine, and scooped it up for what I believe to be a good price.  The owner bought it several years ago with the intension of restoring it, and never got around to doing anything with it.  It had been living in a shed for many years, and the owner's parents were moving and wanted rid of it.

I have several questions on the unit.

1. There are not any external tags or ID plates on the machine.  It appears that there was something on the rear of the machine, but it had been removed.  Can someone identify what model I now own?  It looks like the Vendo 110, but it has a small door over the bottles, and a huge cover on the front.  If it helps to identify it, the emblems and coin tags are in French, so I assume the machine came from Canada.

2. There were not any keys with the machine.  I found thru one of the links on this site that these are readily available.  What is the easiest way to open the machine?  Should I just drill out the existing lock and replace it, or is there a wat to get my hands on a replacement key?

3.  The machine runs, cools (not real cold, probably needs a charge), and is in fairly decent shape.  There is not any major damage, only scratches and a few small dings.  It has been repainted, not the best job in the world, but it's not that bad looking.  I plan on restoring the mechanicals and body.  How can I tell what the original paint sceme should be for this machine?  It is currently two-tone (obviously as seen in the pictures).  

4.  The coin mechanism is missing.  The cover is complete, with the exception of the lock and handle.  How do I go about identifying the missing items and how difficult are these parts to locate?  

5.  I have always wanted my own coke machine and plan on keeping it, but what is the value on this machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 02:28:55 pm »

So your the one who won the Auction eh!? Hi and welcome, it's a late model Vendo V110 with cast coindoor ( the earlier versions had stamped steel doors) this model was an update to a fully automatic coin mech that would give change too. that extra stainless-steel trim makes it look a little strange, nice but different, you don't see this model often, you got it cheap too I saw! well congradulations! Please post somemorre shots of the interior and coin mech I'd love to see them (as we all would)...JohnieG

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 07:39:37 pm »

I might be able to shed a little light too...

If you look closely, you'll notice that the coin door is definately different than your typical Vendo coin door which leads me to believe this may actually be a SelectiVend 83 Conversion...

I've been trying to come up with some good photos on these models but they are not very common. I was corresponding with someone that actually had the V-39 version which I never knew existed but he couldn't get good photos...

I can't remember the third conversion model though...

If permission is granted, I would like to utilize the photo for reference in the Soda Machines Section...?

My six cents,

Jim

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 10:00:56 pm »

Hmm OK... so what is it's base machine? a 6 case verticle? it's basically a V110 chassis with a conversion coinmech?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 08:06:26 am »

It's basically a Vendo 83 that's converted into a Vendo 110 "look a like". Unfortunately, I don't have any specifications on the vending capacity...

What's really amazing is the Vendo 39 conversion model! I only wish I could have obtained better photos...

My six cents,

Jim

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 04:23:41 pm »

I dug into my photos and found the picture of the Selectivend V-39 Conversion! Very interesting, huh?

My six cents,

Jim

red ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 02:23:35 pm »

The machine shown above is actually mine before I did the restoration. Here is the "after". It runs and looks great. Does anyone know the estimated value of this? Would it be more or less than a "regular" Vendo 39?? Thanks for a great website!
red ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 02:35:28 pm »

I'll try this again with a smaller picture.
This is the restoration I did on a Selectivend 39. It is a Vendo 39 with slanted shelves. Works and looks great
red ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 02:37:06 pm »

Does anyone know the estimated value of this conversion? Would it be worth more than a regular Vendo 39 or less? Thanks alot!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 09:03:16 pm »

Jim, you definitely know your coke machines, and hit this one right on the head.  The machine is a SelectiVend 83 Conversion.  The literature on the door confirmed that when I opened it up.  Attached are a few pictures of the interior.  I was amazed to find that the machine was complete and very clean on the interior.  

The conversion had covered up the location where the drum was mounted with sheet metal, which has a date of 1962 printed on it.  The instructions on the interior of the door of the machine are titled "Conversion Kit Loading Instructions", and are dated 1961.  

Any idea of how many of the Vendo 83s were converted?  

I have only had to change the plug and replace a few wires going up to the coin changer.  I even found a Coinco changer on Ebay for $25 which worked when I installed it (thanks for the information jonnieG), and she seems to work just fine.  Any recommendations on maintenance that I should perform prior to putting it into service?

I plan on refinishing the machine in the future, but will probably keep it as is for now in my home office.

Regarding the specifications on the capacity of this machine, I will let you know once I fill her up with sodas (and a beer or two).
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2003, 10:33:05 pm »

Here are the pictures of the interior.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 10:35:44 pm »

Interior showing the added sheeetmetal covering the drum mounting location
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 10:39:24 pm »

Last interior photo showing the conversion sheetmetal removed.  I will forward additional pics as I clean the machine up a little more.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: