SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 01:02:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is it?  (Read 7208 times)
WDG
5 Cent Member

« on: September 24, 2016, 12:15:14 pm »

Have no idea what it is or worth.  I do know it is a wet machine and it runs.

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 06:41:05 pm »

That is quite the machine. That may be an early turkish drum cymbal resting on top. Serious sought after if the case. Add ons look 50's. Paint is very nice. Huge possibilities on this one. Hope you get it. I'd stop at $400 for the machine. If indeed a vintage cymbal would need a close-up photo of the stamped logo to price that. Hope of some help.
Creighton
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:30:30 pm »

It was at a yard sale for $400 and I offered $200.  He said he wanted to think about it.  We did plug it in and the motor that spins the propeller for the water circulation started right up and the evap coil started to get cold.  The copper line on the water cooler side had come loose but that looked like a new ferrule would fix that problem.  Maybe even bend some new tubing.  It looked like the tub was SS so it may have been replaced at one time.  I did not see any logo on the lid and it looked like it was out of place making me think it was changed at some point.  It did not have a lot of bad cancer just a couple of weak places.  I'm concerned about the water fountain as I've seen a machine like this.  I wonder if it's possible to find one laying around.  If it was made out of porcelain, then they are probably all broke or people thru them away not knowing what they went to.  He said his dad had it for a long time so it could be possible that it's in a box some place.  Here is the only other picture if have of the top.  The little door seem to have a screw in it to hold it shut.  I had thought at first that it would have had a carousel in it but when I opened the lid I saw this was not the case. 

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »

I tried to get a better picture of the top so you could see what I'm talking about.  Hope it helps.  Don't know if I should go back and try to get it for $400, he said he would call and took my name and number.

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 06:01:51 pm »

Sorry  I posted the same pic twice and didn't know how to change it.  Different angle.

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 09:41:57 pm »

Looks like a very common Vendo Standard missing the coin op cover.  A super rare spin top add- on would be the V-17 that would of installed on top of the Cavalier FS-2 Office Cooler.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:40:48 pm by johnieG » Logged
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 09:04:46 am »

definatley a few hacks have been done to it..
the stainless tub is original... as it was a water bath unit... bottles would sit in a bath of cold water to chill.

latch on the front looks to be added as well as the tubing on the side.

$200 is not bad for a display cooler, but missing original dispensing drum inside and not worth trying to piece together or restore.

$400 is too high in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:43:00 pm by johnieG » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 07:55:25 pm »

I would like to have it but my chances fo get the drum are anywhere from zero to less than zero.  Not having any idea with the drum would look like I can't even try to make one.  I doubt there is a manual for this thing.

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 10:09:08 am »

That does not look like a Zildjain cymbal..if it is some sort of cymbal its too far molested to be any good.

cmc
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 05:53:30 pm »

I would like to have it but my chances fo get the drum are anywhere from zero to less than zero.  Not having any idea with the drum would look like I can't even try to make one.  I doubt there is a manual for this thing.

If you think in line of how a V-23's bottle honey comb (drum) is arrange, it would not be to difficult to fabricate one for this machine out of cut sections of 2-1/2 PVC Pipe cut to length & solvent bonded ( pvc glued) to a plastic base plate to hold the bottles in place under the spin-top... Just a thought.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 09:06:36 pm »

Great idea there !! Wrapped in insulating foam would think far better than original in all respects.

Looks to be a mid. 1930's 19" Turkish cymbal that has not been well taken care of. Always sad.
Creighton

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: