SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 01:43:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What brand of machines did dr pepper commonly use  (Read 3452 times)
« on: December 16, 2003, 11:49:27 am »

Howdy,
I have been offered a '50's vintage Dr Pepper machine by a lady who put it in her barn years ago.  I haven't seen it yet and she can only give a brief description.  She says it is a green round top upright machine with a lever mechanism and no window in the bottle door, plus, the bottle door is small, rather than a long vertical one.  That's about all the information I can get from her.  It's dirt cheap and certainly worth the investment, but can anyone tell me what type of machine it might be?  I'd like to start researching it and finding manuals and such.  Thanks in advance for your help.
A J Chier
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 08:41:27 pm »

AJ,

Her description isn't going to be enough info to narrow down the manufacturer/model...

I'm not sure what your budget is, but if it's from the 50's and is a relatively smaller machine that is complete, I would make the purchase if you like it too!

Just remember, it's always easier to spend someone else's money...  We know nothing about the condition, model, asking price or any other details so it's easy for me to say "Buy It".  I would do a little homework too...  Is visiting the seller possible so you can see the machine and get a possible digital picture...?

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 10:46:14 am »

It could be a Selectavend S-48, or better a VMC 33. Regardless, get your butt over to this lady's barn!  The biggest thrill in this hobby is the "find"  Not the antique store find, which is already priced above market value.
    We all have stories of a machine selling an hour before we got there. You don't have to buy it if she wants too much, you at least got to see it first.             Glen

Glen
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 11:16:54 am »

Hello again all,
Unfortunately the machine is three hours away in a remote corner of texas.  It is promised to me by my fiancees grandmother, so hopefully it isn't going anywhere.  She's a bit elderly and her barn is too hard for her to navigate, plus she has no digital camera.  Although I'm dying to run over and pick it up right now, I really cant afford it until the holidays are over and done.  I really appreciate your help in identifying it though.  I just want to start doing my homework since that much of the project is free.  Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 09:49:56 pm »

Well, It turned out to be a Selectivend S48 which I purchased and brought home.  I'm in the process of tearing it down and stripping the cracked and faded old paint.  The comrpessor is being overhauled at the shop as we speak.  Thanks for your help in identifying it.

I do need a new door lock assembly for it if anyone can help me there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: