SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 12:35:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 125  (Read 3420 times)
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:53:11 pm »

I have a Vendo 125.  I would guess the model was made sometime in the 70's.  I have had the machine for a month and it has worked great and the machine is used a few times a day.  For some reason today it all of a sudden stopped working.  You can put money into it which it accepts but when you push the button for a drink it does nothing.  What could have caused this to happen all of a sudden?  The only other thing I noticed is that the coin changer where the nickles are stored has a switch where you can make he machine drop one nickle at a time.  Well it just stopped working also.  I am thinking it has to have something to do with this area of the machine.  I have also tried unplugging.  Also is there a way to make the machine free vend.  Thanks for any help.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 09:40:09 pm »

In the Coin Mechanism section there is a free-play switch.  Your best bet is to start there.  What does it do if you put in too much money?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 09:15:15 am »

If you put in to much money it continues to take it.  I have not seen a free play switch but I did see alot of small switches with on and off on them and did not know if that would have something to do with it.  Thanks

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 12:21:02 pm »

The free play switch that I was talking about is one that you have to build - pretty easy though.  What brand and model is your changer (look for a sticker on the side or back)?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 02:08:26 pm »

Quote (tucker1 @ Nov. 25 2005,5:53)
You can put money into it which it accepts but when you push the button for a drink it does nothing.  What could have caused this to happen all of a sudden?  The only other thing I noticed is that the coin changer where the nickles are stored has a switch where you can make he machine drop one nickle at a time.  
Also is there a way to make the machine free vend.

Tucker - can you post some pics of the machine and the coin mech?  It'll cut down on the guessing.

The fact that you can't clear the nickel inventory any more & that it just keeps eating money make me think your coin mech has passed-on.  Assuming that your machine takes a 9 pin Jones plug, the link Dr G posted will show you how to make a free vend switch that eliminates the need for the coin mech.  If the machine works (ie vends) with the switch then you know that your problem is with the mech.  If not, then you need to start looking at the vending mechanism and/or electrical connection to the vending mechanism.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 09:28:37 am »

Its a CoinCo S75-9800B.  Do you know where I could buy one of these.  I do not have pictures at this time but will try to find a digital camera to take some.  Thanks
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 02:21:11 pm »

Tucker - you should be able to use any 9 pin Jones plug (any Coinco 9800, MARS5800, etc.)  Also means that use can use the freeplay switch to confirm that it is the mech that's toast.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 02:47:19 pm »

Like Bryan said, you should try the free-play switch just to make sure that the changer is the problem.  
You can find changers on ebay (you don't need the exact modal that you have) or some of the guys (or gals) here may have one to sell.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: