SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 06:13:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If money was no object...  (Read 6382 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:16 am »

I was bouncing around on the net one day and read a few reviews from people who purchased this replica and it seemed that they were not very happy with them.  The maniquin would malfunction all the time.  One person bought it new and had nothing but hassles from the manufactuer.  After, the seller at a pinball store stepped in, he got a new one, only to have it fail again.  He eventually received his money back.  These are replicas made in China.  They also replicated the Chicago coin basketball game with the two players that shoot towards the basket.

The reason these games are still around is because they were made here back in the fifties.  You got to love the manufacturing back then.

On another note, I did play this game at the Pinball Expo in Rosemont, Il. years ago and it worked fine.  But that was just one game.  These guys that I read about mentioned that it took about a week for their machines to fail.

A lot of stuff.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 01:50:06 am »

Living in Asia I have learned that everything made in China is that way. Making small stuff or metal parts is a good deal but anything electrical is worthless. As it is Hot here we have several fans in the house. Almost every fan on the Market here is made in China unless you want to pay $150 for a stand fan made in Japan. We have to replace the China ones every few months. The motors burn out right away. Must be cheap wire in the windings. We had temperature sensors made for out company two years ago and 50% of them were bad. Its a shame that they don't take pride in their products.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: